The Lucky One

I think I take stuff for granted. I have it all. I'm famous, I'm rich, and I'm gorgeous. There are still people out there, starving, living on the streets or surviving off a penny.

"Why would they choose Rose Garden over Madison Square?" I asked.

My manager, Timothy, stood up from his chair, "Well, it makes more money."

"But Madison Square is so much more public. Everyone knows about it," I said, pacing around the room.

"Well, you're just going to have to make your performance outstanding in order to get a spot on the New Years Ball."

"Okay, so a lot of practice. That's not to hard," I said as I walked into the recording room. I always figure things out whne writing a song. It helps everything.

I got the pen from the little table in the corner and a ped of paper. A new song is what they're going to get. Its going to be outstanding, amazing, and right from the heart.

'New to town with a made up name in the angel city

Chasing Fortune and fame

And the camera flashes, make it look like a dream'

What else? What else is happening right now. I mean, that brat comes in and steals all of the spotlight. She doesn't even use her real name. She's fake. She doesn't deserve all the attention. But, then again, I was that girl too. Maybe not with a made up name, but still.

'You had it figured out since you were in school.

Everybody loves pretty, everybody loves cool.

So overnight you look like a sixties' queen.'

I sang it over in my head, it sounded pretty but it needed more. Obviously.

Another name goes up in lights, like diamonds in the sky

|Chorus|

'And they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one.

Yeah, they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one.

But can you tell me now, you're the lucky one.'

Timothy bursted into the room holding a magazine in his hand and a mad expression on his face, "LOOK AT THIS! Look at this! Why would you ever do that!" He screamed, slamming the magazine on the table. On the front cover was me, standing there with my baby brother, I was scolding him for something and above me it says 'Taylor Hates Kids'.

"This is a lie! They can't put that on there!" I said, flipping throught the magazine pages to the page all about me 'Hating kids'. It had a whole article about how supposedly slapped him and took away his frozen dessert. Why didn't they just call it ice cream?

"I don't understand," I said, "They have no proof of me doing any of this."

"Well, sorry sweetie. You're new meat and they're going to eat you up like theres no tomorrow."

He left the room and the magazine fell to the floor as new lyrics popped into my head,

'Now it's big black cars, and Riviera views,

And your lover in the foyer doesn't even know you

And your secrets end up splashed on the news front page

And they tell you that you're lucky.

But you're so confused,

Cause you don't feel pretty, you just feel used.

And all the young things line up to take your place.'

I picked up the magazine again and flipped to the next page.And, lf course, a new singer named 'Killer' is in the headlines. At least I'm not the newest, fresh meat anymore.

'Another name goes up in lights. You wonder if you'll make it out alive.'||Chorus||

On the next page was a girl who had quit the singing business. Who in there right mind would do that?

I wrote down more and more lyrics until I finished the song. It would be a show stopper. And, everyone knew it. I zipped up my dress and grabbed my guitar.

"Everybody, make room for some TAYLOR SWIFT!" The announced said. I stepped out onto the stage. The bright stage light heating me up. Cameras flashed and I noticed a ton of people here. No wonder he chose Rose Garden.

"Hey. Today Im doing a new song called 'The Lucky One'. Hope you like it." I smiled and sang my heart out.

****

Havent updated in awhile. So... yeah. Um, this is unedited