"Ms. Henri."

There stood Hassan's mother, Cree, ahead of me, wearing a lavallière-neck sleeveless top with belted mid-length trousers. A front knot headscarf was on top of her head. The woman beside her was full-figured with suede, bronze skin and wore a matching crop top, and slit skirt. She shared features with Cree, so I assumed she was one of her daughters.

"Hey love," Cree greeted. "It's been a while."

"It has." I nodded when it fell into a awkward silence, "Oh this is my sister Normandi."

"Nice meeting you," Cree gave Norms a head nod. "This is one of my daughters Dawn. Dawn, this is Andi."

"Ohh. You're Andi." Dawn stared me down, "You the one that stood us up at the barbecue. My brotha was excited for us to meet you. Honestly, so was I. More than my sister's. But not anymore, since you know, you broke his heart."

Cree grabbed her daughter's hand, when her gaze landed on the stroller. "You...have a baby."

As if God was on my side, I felt sprinklers hit my arm. "Um, yeah. I have to go. It was nice seeing you, Ms. Henri." I rushed away with Norms and the stroller, unlocking my Audi.

"Ex-boyfriend's mother?"

"Um...yeah." I opened the back, passenger door and put Arya into her car seat and safely buckling her in. Her stroller I placed in the trunk. "I'll call you later?"

"Of course."

I was in the driver seat, and drove Ayra home. By the time I pulled into the driveway of my new home I owned, the rain started pouring down and I had to jog carefully with Arya's carseat and up the steps under the roof that blocked us from the rapid raindrops the gray clouds released.

"We're almost in Muffin," I sat her carseat on the porch for a second and to unlock the red front door with small side windows. I pushed open the door of the two bedroom house and ushered Arya's car seat in. As soon as my feather-trimmed thong sandals touched the hardwood floor, the kick of the air blowing out the vents hit my skin and caused a shiver throughout my body. "Whew! It's ice cold in here."

I shut and locked the door, then reached to pick up Arya, who was wide awake. "Beautiful baby!" I cooed, smooching her chubby cheeks.

Arya babbled, slobbering on her tiny hands.

"Time to eat, Muffin." I raised one side of my tank top and Arya latched onto my left breast while I kicked of my sandals and walked over to the thermostat and turning off the air. "Wanna watch Netflix with Mommy?"

I planted a seat down on the chocolate color couch after grabbing the remote to the flatscreen. "I hope so, because you're all Mommy has right now." I clicked the Netflix app.

I turned on Manifest and even though I was addicted to the show, Arya had my main attention. I smiled softly, gently rubbing my finger down the bridge of her nose and her eyes fluttered shut for a second. I was blessed.