Even with me not being employed at this moment, I was very well off when it came to finances—Thanks to the saving account I opened my last year of college. Growing up as under privileged as I did, it helped me be responsible with money and save.

"Yeah, I miss them too. But, I want to do more."

"I totally understand." Norms said as the waiter returned with the items she ordered. "As long as you are happy. You know, our Dad's having a Gordon Foundation luncheon next week. I know he's called you about it but I wanted to know if you were coming."

Every since the Normandi practically ambushed me with Winston Gordon—my birth father—we have actually start to build a relationship, despite what Joie told me. That night Winston was actually nice. He came up to the condo, drank on some tea, and he wanted to know everything about me. He even apologized for not being in my life. I was tired of holding grudges towards my birth parents, so I let it go and accepted the apology for what it was.

Lately Norms and me have been developing our own bond.

"I'd love to, but I don't have a babysitter for Arya."

"That's an easy fix. Our childhood nanny Wendy can watch Arya." Norms offered, "I'm sorry."

I chuckled lightly and knew she was apologizing for mentioning a perk of her childhood that I didn't have. "You don't have to apologize for the way you grew up Norms. Embrace it."

"I know. It just feels unfair that you didn't get to be raised the way we were. You're a family."

"I just lived the life I was dealt." I shrugged, rocking the stroller gently. "It might've not been easy at the time, but I'm stronger because of it. Not everyone makes it out. But I did. You can reach out to Wendy, I'll meet her, and we'll go from there."

Norms nodded, in understanding. "Right. On the bright side, you can finally meet Alton."

Alton Gordon—her older brother that's my age. "And how does he feel about meeting me? Does he even know he's my brother?"

"He does."

"And your mother?" I felt the need to ask, which was an important question. "You can be honest."

"My parents have been married for decades and you're no secret to her. She knows you'll be in attendance—if you choose to go."

I nodded. "What's the attire?"

"Dressy casual. I really hope you're able to come. Wendy's a great woman."

Normandi and me were at the coffee shop and enjoying conversation until I had to get Arya home before the rain came down. Norms was holding the door open for me, while I pulled out Arya's stroller. The stroller was out fully and we walked the sidewalk to my vehicle.

"Andi?"

The voice was familiar and caused me to look straight ahead. My heart dropped at one of the women I recognized.