Twenty-six

Illumi's pov

  I watched Hisoka as he fell asleep, and carefully crawled out of his embrace, trying not to wake him up. He looked so vulnerable and open when he was sleeping. It was cute.

  I carefully walked out of the room and opened up one of the bags with Hisoka's birthday stuff. I pulled out some balloons and streamers and started decorating our room. I blew up the balloons and attached them to the walls and ceiling. I let the streamers hang down from the ceiling and it didn't look too bad.

  I put the presents on the table next to the couch. I didn't wrap them, so I put them in some nice-looking boxes with playing cards on them.

  Once I was satisfied with how the room looked, I carefully got back into bed. I wrapped my arms around Hisoka and I put his head on my chest as I fell asleep.

  Light was just coming through the window when I woke up, and I saw that Hisoka was still asleep. I got out of bed and grabbed a towel, as well as some clothes and the underwear I bought a while ago. I walked to the bathroom and got undressed, not bothering to shut the door. I walked into the shower and turned on the water, feeling the icy cold cover my skin. I shivered slightly but proceeded to wash myself, singing softly under my voice. I then shaved, trying not to cut myself. I hated having hair on my body, it felt weird to me.

  I got out of the shower and dried myself, putting the underwear on. It was a black lace thong and a small harness. It wasn't bulky enough to be seen under clothes, so I thought that it would give Hisoka a nice surprise later.

  Hisoka was still asleep when I looked into the bedroom, so I decided to make us pancakes for breakfast. I tied my hair back and made that batter, humming to myself. While the pancakes were cooking, I made him some fresh orange juice. He came into the kitchen, yawning and rubbing his eyes as I put the pancakes on a plate.

  "Good morning," I said, kissing his cheek. "And happy birthday."

  He chuckled and kissed my head. "Mmm, thank you beautiful."

  I gave the yawning magician his plate of pancakes and his orange juice, and we sat down on the couch together.

  "So," he said around a mouthful of pancake. "What did you get me?"

  I nodded towards the table which had his gifts on them. "You're going to have to open them. I'm just not sure if you'll like them."

  Hisoka laughed, putting his arm around my shoulders and feeding me some pancake. "I'm sure I'll love them, Illu-chan."

  I ate the pancake and held his hand. He was smiling at me and I tried to smile back, still not used to it. Hisoka laughed at my expression, and I found myself laughing back. He just seemed to have that effect on me. I took our plates back into the kitchen, leaving Hisoka to finish his orange juice.

  When I sat back down, Hisoka was practically bouncing with excitement. I kissed him, and he picked up one of the boxes on the table.

  "What is it?" He asked smirking at me.

  I rolled my eyes. "Open it and find out."

  He laughed and opened it. It was a black and red corset, embroidered with small roses. I got slightly nervous as he held it up, examining it at eye level. He put it down and pulled me into a hug, kissing my head.

  "I love it, Lulu," he smiled wide at me.

  I blushed slightly and hugged him back. He opened a smaller box and I knew exactly what was inside. It was a pack of solid gold playing cards, with onyx and rubies. As soon as I saw them, I knew he had to have them. He held them carefully and his eyes widened as he looked at each of them.