Sixteen

Illumi's pov

  When we got to the apartment I decided to have another shower to get the dirt out of my hair. I sighed, grabbing a towel from my bedroom. Having long hair was troublesome at times. Hisoka grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him.

  "Can I join you?" He asked.

  "why?" I asked.

  "To save water." Lame excuse, but I didn't want to fight just now.

  "Fine, but keep your hands to yourself and don't annoy me," I said sternly.

  He chuckled and took his top off, dumping it on the couch. "No promises."

  I rolled my eyes and grabbed him a towel, following him into the bathroom. I threw his towel at his face and he caught it, laughing. He licked his lips and narrowed his eyes slightly before removing my jacket and top. I frowned at him because he was being especially handsy.

  "Hisoka," I warned. "I can always change my mind and shower alone. Behave. And I can undress myself."

  Hisoka picked up my hand and kissed it, making me blush slightly. "Of course, my love."

  I removed my pants and underwear and stepped into the shower, turning the water on. Hisoka came in after me, and he yelled.

  "Damn, Illumi. Why is the shower so cold? I'm freezing!"

  Sighing, I turned the temperature up very slightly. I turned around and saw Hisoka smirking at me. It was annoying me, and I started to regret my decision.

  "What?" I asked him.

  "Am I not even allowed to hug you? You just look so cute."

  I pinched the bridge of my nose and tried to ignore him. He wrapped his arms around me anyway, and I tried to punch him. He had my arms pinned to my sides and I couldn't move. I felt his head press into my hair and I was trying not to yell at him. He moved, and I found myself looking at him.

  "Hisoka... what are you doing?" I managed to yell before he pressed a hand over my mouth.

  He put his face an inch away from mine and smiled. "I just want to see you weak."

  I glared at him, fighting against his arms. Hisoka just laughed at my attempts. If I had my needles, I would skewer him. I tried to bite his hand, and he moved it away. I glared at him, and he rolled his eyes back, licking his lips.

  "Illumi, your face. It's really turning me on." He moaned.

  "Hisoka!" I pushed him back with both hands and crossed my arms over my chest, backing into the wall. I glared at him, feeling pissed at him. "I am going to kill you."

  He laughed at that. "I'm sorry. It's just that face you were pulling was just so good. I won't do it again."

  I ignored him for the rest of the shower and got out before him. I went straight to my bedroom and shut the door behind me. I got changed into a pair of comfy pajama pants and dried my hair with the towel, letting it hang down my back. I sat on my bed and started reading a book until I heard a knock on the door.

  "Go away, Hisoka. I don't want to see your face," I said, still reading.

  I heard his footsteps grow faint as he walked away from my door. I didn't feel guilty. I told him not to annoy me.

  I finished the book and looked at my clock. It was ten-thirty. I sighed, turning off my light and I fell asleep.

  It was dark and cold. I could feel blood, sweat, and water drip down my naked torso as I was suspended in the air. It smelled of my stale blood and pain. My breathing was weak and shallow, and my lungs hurt with every movement. I looked up and saw my mother standing in front of me, and she was smiling.

  "So you're finally awake. I suppose the last round wasn't enough to kill you," she said with a cruel smile.

  Feeling was starting to come back to me and my body hurt like hell. "Please mother," I begged, tears falling down my cheeks. "Let me go. I promise I won't see that boy again."

  I heard her laugh and fear overflowed in my mind. "Don't you get it, Illumi? You aren't going anywhere until you learn that assassins don't need friends."

  I was crying harder now, and I couldn't stop. "You're weak," she sneered. "I'm glad you're not the heir. It would make the family name seem a joke if you were."

  She stepped forwards and I could see the taser in her hand. "Mother. Please, don't!" I cried out, my voice laced with terror. "I understand now. Assassins don't need friends, and they never will!"

  Mother didn't listen to my pleas, and shocked me, causing me to scream. She did this over and over again until I couldn't scream anymore.

  "Pathetic," was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

  I sat up in bed and heard myself screaming. I curled up into a ball and started to shake, hugging my legs to my chest. I screwed my eyes tightly closed as my door burst open, and Hisoka came running in.

  "Illumi, what happened?" He asked worriedly, looking around my room for any signs of danger.

  "It was a dream. About my mother," I said in a shaky voice, not wanting to open my eyes.

  Hisoka scooped me up in his arms and walked me into his room. He pulled the covers back and put me down next to him as he laid down.

  "Shhh. It's okay. I'm here now. She can't hurt you," he whispered into my ear, playing with my hair.

  I nodded, knowing that I was at my breaking point again. Hisoka was warm and I leaned into him, feeling safe. I knew I wouldn't get nightmares with him. I closed my eyes, a single tear rolling down my cheek as I fell into a deep and dreamless sleep.