Three

Illumi's pov

  I couldn't believe Hisoka, and when we got back to his apartment I refused to look at him, going straight to my bedroom. It was a childish thing to do, but I needed to process my thoughts.

  Taking a deep breath, I pinched the bridge of my nose. Hisoka said I was beautiful. It must have been a reaction to the fight. Right?

  I stood up, shaking my head. Whatever. I couldn't shake the feeling his words left me with, though. It was a warm feeling, one I hadn't felt in a long, long time. Happiness. Hisoka's words made me... happy. But why?

  Grabbing a towel from my bag, I decided to take a shower to clear my head. I walked out of my room and saw Hisoka flicking through channels on the tv, obviously bored. I frowned a little, and he turned around to face me. He looked at the towel and smirked. "Off to take a shower, darling Illu. Mind if I join?"

  His nickname for me made me blush, and his teasing didn't make it any easier for me to hide. "I'll have one on my own this time," I said bluntly.

  Hisoka raised an eyebrow, still smirking. "This time? What about next time then?"

  I stared at him, already regretting my decision to stay with him. "We'll have to see, won't we? Though I wouldn't count on it."

  Without looking back, I walked over to the bathroom. I knew I shocked him a little, because I didn't hear a reply from him. I locked the door and got undressed, starting the shower. While I was waiting for the water to heat up, I heard a knock on the door.

  "Illu, stop being such a tease. You're making me like you even more," Hisoka yelled from behind the door.

  His words made me roll my eyes, and I quickly got into the shower so I wouldn't have to hear anymore. I picked up Hisoka's shampoo bottle and squirted some product into my fand. It smelled of bubble gum, and I had the sudden urge to fight Hisoka, and for us both to smell like bubblegum. Weird.

  I started to sing to get the thoughts out of my head as I washed my hair. I used the matching conditioner to make my hair soft and washed my body. I was still singing as I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around my hair and waist. I picked up my clothes and unlocked the door.

  Hisoka was leaning against the wall as I walked out. His eyes were closed and he was smiling. "That was some nice singing the- oh."

  He opened his eyes and saw me standing there in a towel. His eyes widened as he looked down my body and he licked his lips. I glared at him hard, unsure of what to do. His eyes met mine again and he smirked again. "Fuck, you take teasing to an entirely different level, dear Illu."

  I sighed, and turned around, dumping my clothes in the wash basket. I could feel his eyes on me all the way to my room, and I closed the door. I crouched down on the floor and put my head in my hands.

  Hisoka liked me? No, that couldn't be true. He liked most strong opponents. He liked people like Gon. His attraction was caused by his desire to kill them. But what did Hisoka feel towards me? And more importantly, what did I feel towards him? His teasing always made me annoyed, but it gave me a feeling I've never experienced before. Ones my father would say make me weak. And they did. I felt powerless when Hisoka was like this, and I wasn't sure if I entirely liked the feeling.

  I stood up, pushing the thoughts out of my head and made my face emotionless. No point in thinking about this now. I got into my pyjamas as I planned to sleep tonight, the events of the day exhausting me. I grabbed my hairbrush and walked out of my room. I walked over to where Hisoka was sitting and sat next to him, brushing my hair. I felt his hand brush against mine, and he took the brush from me and started brushing my hair. It's been years since anyone brushed my hair, and it always made me feel vulnerable. I trusted Hisoka for some reason though.

  We sat in silence as he ran the brush through my hair, and I couldn't help but sigh when it brushed against my scalp. Hisoka noticed, and started to massage my head with his nails. I closed my eyes and leaned against him.

  Once he was done, he put his head next to mine and whispered in my ear. "Darling Illu, you are amazing."

  I frowned. Maybe giving into my emotions was the right thing to do. I was sure Hisoka would never hurt me. My father even trusted him. No, that was wrong. I didn't even like the clown.

  "Hisoka," I said, my eyes still closed. "Did you mean what you said?"

  "That you're beautiful?" I opened my eyes and stared into his golden ones. "I meant every word, Illu."

  I closed my eyes and turned away from him with no emotion on my face. "Please don't call me that again."

  Hisoka cupped my face in his hand and turned it. I opened my eyes to glare at him. "Hisoka, don-"

  He put a finger to my lips and I felt myself go still in shock. He smiled at me, and I felt my face heat up. "Illumi, you are magnificent." He leaned forwards and placed a soft kiss on my lips where his finger was.

  My eyes widened, and my mouth fell open slightly. He... kissed me? Why did he do that? It was wrong. He was just acting nice to me, surely. He didn't like me. I stood up and left him on the couch, walking towards my room. This was going to be a long stay.