18 | Crashing a party

Warning: mature scene coming up

Felix's dad looks just like him. They both have blonde hair with those ice-blue eyes. The ones that look sad now. "Dad, don't make a scene. I thought that you knew better than that." He is holding my hand tight in his, I almost don't feel it anymore. He is trying to find strength by holding my hand. So I do the one thing that he wants me to do, I cling his arm tight and make sure to let him know that I am here. And that I am not leaving his side.

"How did you find out about this party? I didn't share it with you." His dad looks disappointed that he is here. I never thought that a parent could be this cold toward their child. My parents adore me and maybe love me too much. They constantly want to call me so I can keep them updated on my life. But Felix's dad is the opposite. He doesn't care one bit about his son. His amazing son is waiting for his dad to realize that.

And I feel the pain in my heart when the grip of Felix gets looser. "I was planning our weekly calls in your schedule and I saw this. I wanted to surprise you." It is the first thing I hear about the calls being scheduled. What kind of dad schedules his calls with his son to keep in contact? Why can't they call each other whenever they need each other or rant. That is what I do with my mother whenever Jolyn is too busy.

"Well, you for sure surprised me. But now, I would love it if you leave." They are having a staring contest and I feel uncomfortable. I have never been good at small talk with people that I can't stand. And Felix's dad just came on that list. "It is so nice to meet you, sir. I am Kennedy Sloan, Felix's girlfriend."

I extend my hand out and he slowly shakes it. He probably doesn't understand a thing as to why I decided to date his son. He doesn't see how amazing Felix is. "Well, a miracle for sure happened with this one. Who had ever thought that you would find a decent girlfriend in your life? Not me, I can tell you that." I am not the kind of person that hates a lot of people in their life. I always see the good in people even when it hurts me along the way but this man just really likes to test me out.

He doesn't give me one glance while Felix takes two bottles of champagne from behind the bar. "You can put that on my dad's bill. He will pay for me like he always does when I do something stupid." He intertwines our fingers together and makes his way through the crowd. Everybody is staring at us, waiting for someone to change the topic.

Felix is mad. You don't need to be smart to understand that but I also don't know what to do. The elevator takes way too much and everybody is still staring at us. I can feel the eyes of all the guests on our backs, whispering about Felix and how stupid he is. "Can you all just fucking move on with your life? You should always hear two sides of the story before you judge."

With that said, I pull Felix to the staircase because I can't stand being in the same room with those people. I have always hated people that judge someone before they get to know them. I know that every single person in that room thinks that we are two drunken students wanting to crash a business party for fun. What they don't know is that Felix's dad is the world's biggest douchebag that I have ever met in my life.