3 | I love a challenge

"Can you zip my dress?" Alina stands in front of me wearing one of her bright dresses again

"Can you zip my dress?" Alina stands in front of me wearing one of her bright dresses again. It has taken her a few weeks to finally get back to her old self. She is finally smiling again, doing things without worrying about what Alex might think. She is actually happy again and that makes me happy too. "Who is the guy you are dressing up for?"

She rolls her eyes at me, a natural habit of her when I am around. "I am not dressing up for anyone, Felix. I am just doing this for myself." Our friendship started in a really weird way that no one knows about. I found her crying at the front porch of our house wanting to speak with Amelia but she wasn't around. I made sure that she went inside with me, made her some food, and even let Ella cuddle with her. And from that moment on, our friendship just started.

"I don't really buy it but whatever floats your boat." I zip her dress before she lets her hair fall down at her shoulders. She had just changed her hair and apparently, when you change your hair you really mean to end that part of your life. I sometimes think that I just listen too much when Lyra, Amelia, and Alina are talking with each other. "Do I look good or not?"

The confident Alina is finally back after weeks of crying her eyes out. I found her multiple times throwing stuff at my window to sleep in my room. She didn't tell anyone that she went over to my place and I made sure that no one saw her leaving. Because I just know that Amelia would give me a lecture about not using Alina in that kind of way. Not that I would ever do that, she isn't really the girl that I would go for.

For sure, Alina is hot but that is all she is for me. I also find Amelia hot but that doesn't mean that I like her. We are just good friends that find some peace and quiet with each other. "You look good but I am sure you already know that." She blows a kiss at me while I let myself fall down on her bed. I had promised her to pick her up to bring her to the bar with me. She is still not quite confident enough to walk inside a bar alone. She is still scared that Alex would be around to talk with her.

"You are constantly messing up my bed." She puts her heels on and I feel myself closing my eyes. I am so tired lately and I have no idea how it comes. Or maybe I do but I just don't want to admit it to myself. It is only the first week back of classes and I am already behind my classes with all the assignments coming up. "I just really like your bed."

I take the pillow tight in my hands and start to hug it. I know that I look like a little child now but I have never really been a little child before. I grew up with my dad wanting me to be the next to him at the age of seven. All the children went to the park to play with each other while I had to spend my free time at his office listening to all the business talks. I never really had the chance to be a child and I guess that I am just rebelling it now.

I make sure that I live my life to the fullest during my college years because I know it won't happen afterward. I have to take over my dad's business and enjoy the work I have to do. It is not really torturing me since I do like my major but it is my dad that makes it hard. He constantly keeps looking over my shoulders to see if I do something stupid or not. He doesn't like me and he makes sure that he shows that to me plenty of times.