5 | Girl magnet

Coach Johnson is a brutal person

Coach Johnson is a brutal person. He had this new idea of trying out new coaching styles that were not our usual style. "Can you guys go any slower? My grandmother is even faster than you." Carson is breathing faster beside me while Brandon is doing some crazy stuff as always. He knows that coach isn't going to get mad at him as long as he makes sure he trains. And that is what he is doing, training but in a funny way.

"Do you think that coach hates us?" Brandon takes another twirl at the ice while winking at Amelia that is waiting for our practice to end. Since she and Carson started dating, she has been spending more time at the ice rink with us. She even comes on the ice once in a while when she feels like practicing with us. We actually don't like that since she is sometimes, and by that, I mean most of the time, better than most of us.

"I am quite sure that he does." Carson skates backward while I hold the other side of the stick. Brandon does the same thing but alone since no one of the teams wants to risk getting shouted at by coach Johnson just because of Brandon being an idiot. "You are not allowed to say that, Carson. That man adores you and every single thing you do. I on the other hand he dislikes me."

Amelia smiles at me while taking a picture of the three of us. "It is his way of showing you that he cares about you. He wants to make sure that you don't mess things up. He sees us all as his sons that he never had." It is weird for me to believe that someone cares about me in that way. My dad has never really cared about me in the way that my mother did. She tried to take custody of me but she couldn't, she didn't have enough money to get me.

I grew up with my dad seeing me as an investment instead of his own child. I made sure that every single thing I did, was to make my dad proud. All the achievements I went through is because I wanted to make sure that my dad was proud of me. "Well, it is a shitty way because I have pain in places I didn't know it was even possible. I am not going to be able to do anything tomorrow." Brandon winks at Lyra who is sitting beside Amelia now. They have been a constant thing in our life now, always showing up at our place.

I changed the spare bedroom for Alessia, the sister of Carson because I thought she was going to live with us. But instead, Lyra spends most of her nights there since her roommate hates her. I have been trying to help her find another place since I want to make sure that Alessia knows she can stay over whenever she wants. But Lyra loves to stay with us because she still has her best friends around.

"You are complaining about tomorrow while I am sure my ass is hurting now." Brandon is sitting on the ice and I hear most of the guys chuckle at him. It is a common thing to happen for Brandon to sit on the ice and wait till practice is over. The guy is a child stuck in an adult body that all the girls are falling for. "Maybe I know why coach hates me so much."

Brandon makes his way over to the other end of the ice rink on his ass. He doesn't even bother getting up, receiving some weird stares from the figure skaters around us. The new ones don't know how weird he can be while the other ones are used to it by now. He had once a great idea to join them during their practice when they were learning how to do simple twirls. He fell more on his ass than he was twirling around.