8 | Promise me?

Jolyn had been throwing all kinds of dresses at her bed for the past few minutes

Jolyn had been throwing all kinds of dresses at her bed for the past few minutes. She has her first date with Joey in an hour and she is stressed. I have never seen her like this before, she normally is so confident in everything she does. "Maybe you should pick a dress from my closet? I think I have a little black dress. You can never go wrong with that." Before I could even finish the rest of my sentence, she is already in my room putting on the dress.

I had bought the dress for a date night with Josh but he didn't like it. He found the dress too short and he thought that guys would stare too long at my legs. Instead, I had worn jeans and a simple shirt that didn't hug my body too much. I never really understood him since he is now dating Leah who is a fan of wearing clothes that hug her figure.

Leah has always been confident about her body and didn't mind showing it off. I was always so jealous of her when she wore short dresses and could pull them off. All the guys, including Josh, were staring at her and she loved every single bit of attention. But behind all of that, there was a girl that was desperate to find real love. She had been used so many times by different guys because of her body and not what she has in her head. I shouldn't feel sorry for her since she is the one who decided to get along with Josh his idea, but I did.

I don't want her to turn into me when Josh starts to manipulate her. He is going to decide what she can and can't wear. He is going to make decisions for her and I hope that she is stronger than me to not let him do that. I want them to be happy together because I don't want the breakup to be something that didn't end in something good for them. I want them to fall in love with each other and be together in the future. I don't really hold a grudge anymore against them.

"Do I look good?" Her brown hair is falling loosely over her shoulders while she pops her nude lips at me. Jolyn doesn't know this or maybe she does but won't tell that to me but I was never treated well in the relationship with Josh. Every single thing I did was for him and not for my own. I had to put myself on the sidelines because his thoughts were the rules I had to follow. And I no longer want that to happen, I want to be my own person. "You look stunning."

Her heels are clicking on the floor and I make sure that I take another look at her. The black dress looks a bit longer on her but it is still above her knees. "Do you think that Joey is going to like it? Or is too much?" I place my hands on her shoulders and shake them. "Joey is going to be speechless when he is going to see you. You look stunning, Jolyn and if he doesn't see that then he is blind. And I will certainly kick his balls then." She chuckles and I see the confident Jolyn coming back.

She checks her make-up one more time in the mirror before taking her bag. She makes sure that she has everything and I feel like a proud mother. It has been so long since she told me about the crush she has on him. What they have is the thing that everybody sees that they like each other but they are so oblivious themselves.

"Are you doing okay lately?" Jolyn is popping popcorn in her mouth while I take the seat next to the window. I want to make sure that Joey is a gentleman for her. Jolyn doesn't deserve anything less than a real gentleman that appreciates her worth. "To be honest, I have been feeling really happy lately. I no longer feel any grudge against them, I just want them to be happy together."