13 | Give me some time

Jolyn holds the door open while Joey and I try to get our new couch inside

Jolyn holds the door open while Joey and I try to get our new couch inside. "Come on guys. Use your strength." Joey is shaking his head at me while I could only smile at him. I have been feeling like I am interrupting them during their dates. I constantly am at home trying to not think about Felix and how he does not feel the same way as me.

I should have guessed that. He is not the kind of guy that falls for girls after a few times hanging out with them. He does those things so many times that he is used to all of that. I was just another one of those girls that he played a game with. I was stupid enough to fall for it.

"Shortie, you should know by now that shouting is not going to help." Joey's smile is the sign for me to leave the house otherwise I will disturb them. I have seen them sending each other sexy eyes the whole day but not doing anything because I am around. "I need some fresh air before my game. Will I see you guys later?"

Jolyn is already putting the pillows on the new couch while Joey is staring at her. He grabs her waist and pulls her on the couch with him. I want something like them but I guess that I can't have that anymore. "We will be there to cheer for you." Jolyn lays her head on the couch while staring at me. I am putting on my leather jacket while she gives me a sad smile.

I know that she wants to ask me about Felix and how it is going. But the only thing I can tell her is that I am ignoring him. I make sure that I don't watch his Instagram stories. I skip the parts or try to when he shows up in Brandon's stories. It is hard for me to ignore the laughter and smiles I see whenever he is on Brandon's stories. I sometimes even watch them two times while telling myself that I won't stare at him.

It is hard for me to take distance from him. I had no idea that it would be so hard for me to ignore him when I haven't even known him for so long. The break-up between me and Josh went better for me than the fact that Felix doesn't feel the same way as me. "Are you sure you don't want me to join you on your walk? We could get some ice cream too." Joey has been so nice to me. Constantly giving up Jolyn's free time with him because she is a good friend to me.

"I need some alone time before the game. Getting my head in the game." She smiles weakly at me, trying to make a reference to High School Musical. The movie that I had been watching every single night since the party comforts me. It is my comfort movie when I am sad and Jolyn knows that. She has been asking me how I am doing but I don't want to worry her. I don't want someone to tell me that they could already tell this was going to happen.

It was meant to happen that I would be the only one having feelings. Felix didn't even say anything to me when I confessed how I felt toward him. He didn't even run after me when I left the party even to I took quite some look backs when I left the house. I gave him the benefit of doubt but I guess that I was wrong.

He didn't feel a thing for me.

"Don't forget to wear a condom." With that, I close the door behind me. I want to get back to my old self that doesn't care about what a guy thinks about her. I want to start to love myself again, something that I had promised myself to do. And I don't want to say it out loud but Felix helped me with that. He helped me start to love myself again.