11 | Cupido

The crowd is cheering for Carson who is busy staring at Amelia in the crowd

The crowd is cheering for Carson who is busy staring at Amelia in the crowd. She is smiling widely at him while Lyra is rolling her eyes at the two of them. Alina is on her other side and is sticking another handful of popcorn in her mouth. She waves at me and when I wink back at her, I can see the girls behind her start to fan themselves. This makes Alina laugh while she puts her thumbs up for me another time.

She stayed over at our place last night with Lyra since she didn't want to let us alone with the cake and cookies that Kennedy baked. I had no idea what took over me but when I saw Kennedy entering our house with Brandon beside her, I just couldn't function anymore. I had no idea how to talk normally to her when my friends were around us. I didn't want to make it awkward but I guess that I made it worse.

Kennedy didn't even glance at me once after she saw Alina sitting beside me. She just went to the kitchen and started to flirt with Brandon. I had everything under control until I heard her laughter filling the living room too. I had to know what they were talking about and why I haven't heard her laugh that hard with me before. I got jealous for a few seconds at my best friend who wouldn't do anything with her.

Brandon might be getting a lot of action in his life but he doesn't go after girls that I hang out with. There was this weird rule that we never established that girls we like are off-limits for the other guys on the team. Just like we all stopped sending googling eyes at Amelia when we found out that Carson had his eyes set on her. The only reason we would get over that rule is when the girl likes someone else on the team.

And I will respect Kennedy's choice for sure if she wants to go for Brandon. The guy is way opener and nicer than me. I don't give her the right amount of attention, not as much as I want to. But I am not sure what I feel for her. I have this weird feeling whenever I am around her and I just can't describe it. I want to get to know her but I also don't want to hurt her with my stupid actions. Like I did the other day by not talking with her. Or when I didn't mention the kiss we shared for the past four days.

The kiss that has been on my mind since it happened. I had kissed my fair share of girls in my life but not one of them made me feel like Kennedy did. I normally don't like the whole kissing because it is more intimate than having sex. I feel like you need to put more emotions in kissing than when you are fucking with someone. And I don't really like the girls I hook up with.

"You need to get your head in the game, dude." I stare at Brandon that is talking with Kennedy that is sitting in the crowd with her friend. She is rubbing her arms while her friend is glaring at me. She probably knows every single thing that happened and she clearly doesn't like me. And I don't really blame her because I don't like what I did either. "Since when are Brandon and Kennedy such good friends?"

If Carson is confused, he doesn't show it on his face. I have never really asked about a girl before in my life. "I guess it happened after you told us that you have a deal with her. You know how much Brandon loves to be friends with everybody we know. I wouldn't look into it too much." He slaps my shoulder but I can't stop staring at them. "Brandon is just being nice. Nothing more."