Twilight | شفق

Mulai dari awal

"I will", she smiled. How could she deny him, it was the first time he was going to introduce her to one of his friends.

"Then we will first go to his place and then for the dinner", he said. She nodded.

He unwrapped his hands from her waist and looked at Zahra, she was lost in her favorite rhymes.

"Let me say bye to Zahra", he mumbled and went towards Zahra. He sat down beside her and kissed her cheek blocking the t.v screen. Zahra groaned and pushed his face away. Zohaib looked at her in surprise.

"You love your rhymes more than me, wait I won't leave you until forget about these stupid rhymes", he said.

"Zohaib let her be ignorant, don't leave her crying for you", Faryal said but he clearly ignored her.

Zohaib pampered Zahra with unlimited kisses to the point till he got her attention. Zahra looked at his work clothes and the realization dawned upon her. She stood up and clung to him.

"Zahra come, daddy has to go to work", Faryal said and tried to take back Zahra from him but Zahra wasn't ready to leave him.

"I've warned you Zohaib. You didn't have to get her attention when you are leaving.", Faryal's expression showed her displeasure.

"It's nothing, I can take her with me", he said. "Zahra do you want to with daddy?".

Zahra smiled.

"You wish" Faryal snatched Zahra from him. Zahra let out a loud cry and tried to get out of Faryal's hold.

"Please leave, I'll calm her down", Faryal patted Zahra's back.

Zohaib picked up his bag, kissed Zahra's head and Faryal's forehead, and left. Faryal whispered sweet nothings in Zahra's ear and in a few minutes Zahra calmed down.

"Let's watch your rhymes together. You don't have to cry my love", she sat down on the bed with Zahra in her lap. Zahra looked at her and frowned. Faryal understood that Zahra wants her to play another one. She picked the remote and played another one. 

Faryal's cell phone rang. She picked up it from the nightstand and attended the call.

"Assalam u Alikum baba jan", she said.

"I'm very well baba and Zahra is good, just busy watching her favorite rhymes. You know how much she likes them",

Baba Jan laughed.

"How are Amma Jan and Agha Jan?", Faryal asked.

"They are good. Pay them a visit when you are free. They miss you",

"Ji baba",

"Did you discuss with Zohaib?", baba Jan questioned.

"No", Faryal replied. "I don't think so he remembers her birthday and I didn't get the right time to tell him".

"Her birthday is just around the corner. Do you want me to talk to him?", Baba Jan asked.

"No baba, I'll talk to him tonight In'Sha'Allah", Faryal said. "By the way, I have contacted the boutique you recommended me. Although I have got a theme in my mind and liked a few dresses there, I want Zohaib to finalize the things. He should be involved too, right baba?",

"Absolutely right",

*****

"Zain I'm waiting for you outside, where have you gone?", Mahum asked.