Same Question

Beginne am Anfang

"Well...it's because of fighter pay..., if they can't pay their fighters right...I'm not really sure if I want to be a fighter in the future..."

Junichi is surprised again by his son, he didn't know (Y/N) would be aware of the situations on fighter pay.

"Well, you're not wrong about that, it's funny, I had the same question to myself, I almost quit before because of that."

"R-Really?" He was caught off guard by his father. The man who he always looked up to, a champion, a future Hall of Famer a legend. Who almost quit earlier in his career as a fighter.

"Yeah, you wanna know who stopped me from quitting?"

"Who is it, dad?"

"It's your mother."

"Wow... really?"

"Of course, let me tell you a story long before you were born."

Nagoya, the 1990s

"Hey, Junichi, I've heard you're not coming to the gym anymore, did something happened?"

"I'm done, I'm not gonna continue anymore."

The one who is holding a Nokia phone is a young Junichi Shoyo, a 20-year-old in his room, talking to Isanari Uesugi who is the same age as him.

"Why?" Isanari questions on the phone.

"They couldn't even pay for what I deserve, I paid a lot in training every month and travel expenses if I have a fight, and they pay me that low?!" Junichi began to get angry.

"Damn... I'm sorry to hear that."

"This f*cks up my plans, this is f*cking bullshit, okay, these f*cking *ssholes... THESE. F*CKING. *SSHOLES. THE F*CK IS THEIR PROBLEM?!" Junichi started to bang his fist against the wall out of frustration.

Isanari remained quiet, as he doesn't want to say anything yet to the frustrated Junichi. This is one of the few rare moments where Isanari hears Junichi cusses a lot because he always seems to be calm in certain situations.

"THIS IS SUCH DIFFICULT BULLSH*T, WHEN WILL THEY EVER PAY THEIR FIGHTERS RIGHT?!"

"Junichi! Calm down! We got a triple date later, we don't want you missing just because you have a broken hand!"

After Isanari told him that, he tries to calm himself down.

But there is something that surprised him.

"Wait, Maruo is coming?"

"Yup, just like old times!"

"I thought that nerd ain't gonna come because he said he'll study."

"Don't worry, I made him come."

"How?"

"Don't worry about it, we'll think about your problem after our triple date, alright?"

Junichi sighs. "Fine."

"Also, Junichi..."

"What is it?"

"Please help me on impressing Natsumi-chan!"

"Who? Matsuoka-san?"

"Yeah! I need you to help me! I don't know what to do, this is my first time having a relationship!" Isanari sounds very nervous as someone who is a delinquent back in his high school days.

"Just be yourself, that's probably one of the reasons why she asked you on a date like a month ago..."

"Fine...but you better help me out later!"