Closer

[3rd Person POV]

"Let's get the hell out of here, Ichika-chan!"

(Y/N) quickly grabbed Ichika's hand as they both ran away from the bullies.

"Oi! What the hell?!" The bullies went on to pursue them.

While they are running, Ichika is seen blushing.

"He's holding my hand...are me and (Y/N)-nii doing lewd things now...?" Ichika thought to herself.

Her blush tone down when she looks at (Y/N) as it replaces with sadness.

"Never mind that...(Y/N)-nii got hurt because of me...I truly am the worst..." Ichika thought to herself. Because of the guilt, her emotions are starting to build up as she began to cry.

Our two little protagonists of this story have finally gotten away from them.

(Y/N) is out of breath after all that running, he then checks on Ichika.

It shocked (Y/N) as he sees Ichika is crying again.

"Hey, did they hurt you earlier?!" (Y/N) quickly became concerned for Ichika.

"It wasn't that bad...it's just that..."

"That...?"

"You got hurt because of me...!" Ichika then went to go sobbing as she tells him.

(Y/N) started to feel hurt as he sees Ichika sobbing, he hates seeing a friend cry.

"I am the worst...! I'm so sorry...!"

"P-Please don't cry!" (Y/N) quickly puts his hand on Ichika's shoulder to try to comfort her, (Y/N) is trying so hard not to cry because of seeing his friend getting emotional.

"I'll do anything to make it up to you..."

"I don't think that's necessary..." (Y/N) awkwardly laughs.

"Please...there must something I can do..."

"She's not gonna take no as answer huh...what should I do..." (Y/N) thought to himself.

(Y/N) was looking around until he sees his own house, it hits him an idea.

"You'll do anything right?"

"That's right..."

"How about we go watch a movie together at my house." (Y/N) said it as he wipes her tears away.

When (Y/N) invites her to his home, Ichika blushes at that moment.

"W-What did you say?" Ichika wanted to make sure she heard him correctly.

"I said, how about we go watch a movie together at my house."

"Is that okay...?"

"Why? Is there something wrong?"

"It's just...Nino told me that going to a boy's house is wrong."

"What's wrong with that? It's not like I'm your boyfriend or anything." (Y/N) became confused.

"B-Boyfriend?!" Ichika was surprised by his comment.

"Yeah, now what do you say?"

"Fine..." Ichika reluctantly agreed.

Later, (Y/N) and Ichika went to his home. When they are inside, they saw a tall and slender young woman with shoulder-length black hair that was about to leave until she sees her son in front of her.

"Hi, Mom!" (Y/N) smiled as he is happy to see his mother.

"Welcome back, (Y/N)-ku-

(Y/N)'s mother, Yuriko Shoyo, was startled when she saw a girl has long hair. She believed she saw her somewhere ago.

"That child...isn't she one of the quintuplets? So that's Maruo and Rena's kid..." Yuriko thought to herself. She became saddened as she remembered at Rena's funeral, where she saw five lookalike girls weeping for their mother.

"Anyways, Ichika-chan, this is my mom, one of the two strongest people in the world!" (Y/N) said it happily as he really means it.

"I'm flattered, (Y/N)-kun, but there is something I want to know."

"What is it?"

"You already have a girlfriend at your age?! My baby boy is growing up so fast!" Yuriko said it with the mixture of a happy and worried tone.

"She's not my girlfriend!" (Y/N) became annoyed.

While Ichika sees (Y/N) and Yuriko going at it, she then started to miss her mother again.

Yuriko and (Y/N) quickly noticed that Ichika is feeling down, they both got closer to check if she's okay.

It appears like a mother like son, they are both caring.

"Are you okay?" Yuriko said with a concerned look.

"Oh no, I must not cry again! I want to be stronger for (Y/N)-nii! The reason why he got hurt because I was being weak...I will not be weak anymore." Ichika thought to herself.

Ichika quickly changed from nearly crying to a smile. And it's not even a sincere one. It's more a 'forced' one.

"I'm fine."

Those two words from Ichika, it immediately gives doubts to Yuriko. She looks at his son, signaling to take care of her. (Y/N) knew the situation as he nods to his mother. 

"I see...Both of you need to stay safe as I'm gonna go out for a while."

"You're leaving already..." (Y/N) frowns.

"What, it's not like I'll leave and never come back. I'll be just doing groceries." Yuriko puts her hand on (Y/N)'s head to reassure him.

Later, Yuriko left the house, (Y/N) and Ichika is the only two in the house.

"So, what are we gonna watch?" Ichika said while still doing that forced smile.

(Y/N) feels a little hurt as he can see how forced that smile was. It looks sincere to others but it's not gonna fool (Y/N).

"Ichika."

"Yes?"

"You can fool anyone with 'that' smile, but not me." (Y/N) with a serious tone.

"Huh? What are you talking ab-

(Y/N) suddenly pulled Ichika to hugged her.

Ichika was surprised by this. Then it overwhelmed her, she broke down as she is unable to control her feelings as she starts to cry.

"You don't have to force yourself, I always have this shoulder you can cry on."

After (Y/N) said that to her, Ichika tightens the hug as she doesn't want to let go.

The two then became closer than they were before.

________________________________________________

I want to let you readers know about something.

I wanna apologize first but...

I'm starting to get burned out.

Ichika is best girl.

That's all I can ever say.

Feel free to criticize me so I can improve.

Thanks for reading this chapter!