Chapter 6

Magkasama kaming pababa ngayon sa hagdanan papunta sa dining area. Itinali ko ang buhok ko habang nag lalakad. Tumingin ako kay Xie Chan na nakapamulsa at seryoso ang mukha. Sa bagay seryoso naman siya palagi.

We arrived at the dining table and I was shocked to see two people there. Why didn't he say his parents were here.

"Sierra, you grow up so well." Mrs. Chan stood up and smilingly held my arm. "It's been years right, Sierra?"

I smiled and nodded. Nakaramdam agad ako ng hiya dahil naka sweatshirt at short lang ako kompara sa pormal na suot nila.

"Let's eat." Hinigit niya ako at pinaupo kaharap kay, Xie Chan.

I looked at Xie Chan. I met his eyes, he turned away and ate so I looked at his mom talking next to him.

"I thought your brother will join the race." Mrs. Chan looked at me with confusion and glance at Xie Chan. "Yxcel also thought that your brother will join but it turns out it's you."

I gulp and glance at Xie Chan, looking at me coldly. I gazed at Mrs. Chan again.

I nodded. "My brother, Rigel is not into race anymore because of his girlfriend."

"He got a controlling girlfriend?" Mr. Chan asked and drink his water while looking at me.

The three of them looked at me. "I think so."

Kumain ako nang wala ng nagsalita. Uminom ako ng tubig.

"Yxcel?" Her mom called and he hums while drinking his juice.

"I read the headline last week about 'how supportive is Hera Liu', supportive? When?"

I glance at Xie Chan and glance back to my plate when I met his eyes. I thought his mama likes the girl cause she's rich and a model.

"Sierra?" Napatingin ako kay Mr. Chan."Who taught you..."

"Tito?" I asked confused. Taught what?

Xie Chan cleared his throat so I looked at him.

"Who taught you to drive a motorbike?"

I couldn't speak to his question so he spoke again. What would I answer to that question? I can't say that Xie Chan taught me.

You can say it, Sierra, if you want.

"Your parents are not supportive of you, right?" I think this question should not be answered.

I swallowed my saliva and gazed at Xie Chan. He raised his eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes at him and smiled at his father.

"Xie Chan taught me."

His parents are now looking at him. I smirked at him. I forgot that I'm a straightforward person. I was really surprised by her dad's question earlier.

"Yxcel Kane, you taught her? When?" His mom was so shocked. "Her mother already told you that, don't teach her... look what happens."

I laughed awkwardly. "It's my fault tita, I blackmailed him."

Her mother frowned. "Blackmailed?"

"That was a long time ago, Kate." His papa interrupted.

"We shouldn't go back to the past, ma." Xie Chan stated.

Mr. Chan's phone rang on the side. He answered it and simply said okay on the other line.

"Let's go, Kate. We have a meeting to attend."

Tumayo na sila kaya napatayo din ako.

"Sierra, feel at home. We will leave now."

"Have a safe trip tita, tito."