Chapter 62 Politics and Cake

Start from the beginning

Tom scowled, ‘probably. but I will not allow that to happen whether Dumbledore manages to find out about the baby or not.’

Harry looked into his father’s steady dark brown eyes and did something he had done rarely in his life especially since the truth came out. Harry trusted the Dark Lord to look after him and his baby for their sake because they were family. Harry knew his father would kill anyone who dared to harm Harry or his son.

Before Harry could think to formulate an answer, the Death Eaters arrived. Before long all twenty-eight inner circle Death Eaters, thirty-four outer-circle members, their families and his father’s various allies arrived. In all there had to be over a hundred people present.

All this was for Harry’s birthday party.

Harry had never even had a birthday party before. That he could remember, and it was unlikely that Evans would have allowed Harry’s drugged Dad to celebrate the birth of the child she hated. And the Dursleys liked to punish Harry more than usual on his birthday if they mentioned it at all.

And even after Harry started Hogwarts all he got was a few presents on his birthday. Nobody even bothered to visit him or meet up with him just for the day. It was thoughts like this that made Harry wonder how he could have failed to notice that all his relationships had been nothing but facades.

Harry shook his head to clear it as his father stood up. Obviously, everyone his father expected was there already there. Not that they would have dared to be fashionably late for the Dark Lord as Harry’s father would consider unpunctuality to be the equivalent of disrespect.

‘I thank you all for coming to show your respect to my Heir Hadrian Slytherin,’ the Dark Lord greeted.

Harry felt more than a little depressed that his first birthday party would be attended by people who had no choice but to attend. If they did not his father would consider it treason and mark them for death. All Harry wanted was a small gathering with the few people in the world who really cared for him.

‘On behalf of the Werewolf Packs of Great Britain I High Alpha Greyback present you with a Alpha Dagger,’ Greyback said respectfully.

He handed Harry a small curved silver headed and sheathed curved dagger. The silver sheath was carved into the shape of a wolf’s head. Harry unsheathed the dagger finding a large, sharp fang underneath. Harry quickly sheathed the dagger and schooled his expression into one of acceptance and thanks.

 ‘It was taken from the last High Alpha of Great Britain when I defanged him so that his power can be used for the good of the Wolfpack. Few humans have ever been granted the honour of wielding it. May it serve you well against our enemies,’ Greyback said gravely.