Chapter 12

By this point I've completely forgotten about how many chapters I've already written and just want to write another one. 

Somehow I've got inspiration again.

*Fails to come up with any way to start the chapter*

Crap.

Etho had done it.

He'd actually done it. 

He'd stolen the mask again while Doc wasn't looking and had actually put it on.

Now Etho was a watcher.

The Ninja looked curiously across at the creeper, all of his face covered except for his red eye, which glowed ominously. A pair of mottled black and white bird wings were half-folded behind him, and in one hand he held the sword that Martyn had made him. The one that turned everything it touches to ice. Doc stood opposite, trident out and a look of sheer fury and terror on his face. 

'Etho... why...?'

'∴ᒷꖎꖎ, ᔑℸ ̣ ꖎᒷᔑᓭℸ ̣ ╎ リ𝙹∴ ꖌリ𝙹∴ ∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑ!¡!¡ᒷリᓭ ∴⍑ᒷリ ╎ !¡⚍ℸ ̣ ╎ℸ ̣ 𝙹リ... ᔑリ↸ ╎ ↸╎↸ ⊣ᒷℸ ̣ ᒲ|| ∴╎リ⊣ᓭ...' The watcher darted towards Doc, sword slicing. The creeper blocked with his trident, shoving away Etho with all his might. He prepared to strike back, but was tripped before he could and crashed painfully to the ground. Before his ex-friend could kill him, he scrambled back to his feet, stabbing. Etho dodged, slicing again. Doc ran out the way, crashing through the door and out of his home. 

Martyn let out a yell of panic as the creeper barrelled into him, instinctively turning and pulling out his sword. 

'What's going on?!' He yelped, before Etho flew out of the house after the two. Doc threw his trident, but the ninja dodged. It returned to the creeper's hand just in time to block Etho's next blow. Doc kneed Etho, the only attack to have any effect. He then took to the air, slicing back at the ninja. Etho flew easily out of the way, smiling under his face mask.

''||𝙹⚍'∷ᒷ ⊣𝙹╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 リᒷᒷ↸ ᔑ ꖎ𝙹ℸ ̣ ᒲ𝙹∷ᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑリ ᔑ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ʖᒷᔑℸ ̣ ᒲᒷ, ↸𝙹ᓵ.' He taunted. Doc hissed back angrily. An arrow flew through the air, with a warning from Hypno. This one Etho couldn't quite avoid, and it hit his shoulder. Doc swooped in, taking his chance, slamming his friend against the wall. He grasped the mask, trying to pull it off. Etho clawed back at Doc, knocking him to the ground. Returning to his feet quickly, be managed to step back and avoid Etho's dive at him. The ninja landed on all fours, and Doc stabbed at him again. Quick as lightning, Etho snatched the trident. The creeper yanked it back. Etho got back to his feet, knocking away another arrow from Hypno.

'Etho...?' Uttered a betrayed from Scar from the doorway of his home. Cleo was outside her own house too, glaring at Etho like she wanted to break his legs. Doc managed to glance around quickly at all of them before returning to give Etho a narrow-eyed stare. The Ninja launched himself at Doc again, who rolled backwards, knocking his friend to the ground, winded, and finally pulling the watcher mask free. Martyn looked down warily at the ninja. 

'Etho? Are you...' 

'Well... that happened...' He replied lightly once his breath had returned. Doc returned to his feet.

'ETHO WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!' He snarled. 'YOU COULD'VE KILLED BOTH OF US!'

'I just wanted to see what it did... and I got wings now.' 

'I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR WINGS!' Etho got slowly to his feet. 'I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU WANTED TO SEE. YOU'RE TOO CURIOUS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, ETHO.'

'Aww... come on... weren't you a bit curious before you put it on too?'

'NOT ENOUGH TO RISK EVERYTHING I LOVED! ETHO, YOU'RE A COMPLETE IDIOT!'

'I know... but I'm still your friend.' Blood was dripping down from the ninja's shoulder, staining his clothes red. He pulled out the arrow and fiddled with it absently. 'Look, Doc, I'm sorry...'

'You should be.' The creeper muttered. 'You seriously should be.'

'I wasn't thinking...  I should just go and be an idiot elsewhere...' 

'Etho... come on man...' Doc ran after the ninja. 

'No, I'm the dumb one here. And I need some time alone anyway.' He knocked away his friend's  hand, sighing, and continued into the half-burnt forest. Doc stopped, watching as he disappeared. Martyn came up next to him. 

'Are you ok?' He asked.

'No. Leave me alone.' He pushed past the Brit, who stood back in front of him 'I know Etho's your friend, and you feel betrayed, but...'

'I need to be alone. Get out my way.' Doc finally managed to get past Martyn, entering his house and slamming the door behind. 

Watcher Etho? Good.

Short chapter? Bad.