Chapter 3

WHAT? Inspiration? For this story? 

hOw?

The Watchers had done something to Grian. 

It was obvious. He was quieter, didn't fit in, had forgotten absolutely everything and didn't even call himself Grian - instead, wanting to be named 'NPG'. And it was obviously another way of punishing him. 

Alone, Scar paced the length of his tent, unable to get rid of the thoughts of Grian. His friend. The only person left that he could share his problems with. Cub and Bdubs were both dead, Doc hated him, and Cleo was acting weird whenever she saw him - as though she knew something she could never tell him. Scar paused in his pacing as he noticed the vex mask he's pad thrown to the ground earlier had been placed on a crafting table. 

That's strange - I never moved it. Who did this?

'Hey Scar...'

The mayor quickly turned as Hypno entered. 'What is it?' 

'I wanted to see how you were doing. You've been alone a lot since Grian got here.'

'Oh, yeah... I've just been thinking about... stuff.'

'Stuff?'

'Something's up with Grian. And I don't really want to hang out with him until he gets back to normal... I don't want to let this Grian down...'

'It's still the same person... the watchers have just... you know...'

'I do. They've been ruining our lives again. I swear, if they ever turn him here, I'm going to show them who they're messing with...' 

'Are you sure? Anyway, he's been building a lot. As in, every waking moment spent improving the house he made. He's still refusing to be called Grian. He really seems to hate it, and I wish I knew why.'

'Because the watchers forced him to. They've manipulated his mind so much that he doesn't remember who he used to be, and hates who he used to be... oh, I swear those watchers will be in trouble when they show their faces. I'll attack them with the passion of a THOUSAND Scars.'

'Only a thousand?'

'Yeah. They've ruined my life, and they deserve it.' 

'||𝙹⚍ ↸𝙹 ꖌリ𝙹∴ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ||'∷ᒷ ᒲ𝙹∷ᒷ !¡𝙹∴ᒷ∷⎓⚍ꖎ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑリ ⚍ᓭ...' 

Scar frowned. 'What?' 

'╎⎓ ||𝙹⚍ ᔑℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ᔑᓵꖌ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷᒲ, ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ||'ꖎꖎ ᓵ𝙹ᒲᒷ ʖᔑᓵꖌ ᔑℸ ̣ ⚍ᓭ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ ᒷ⍊ᒷ∷||ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ|| ⍑ᔑ⍊ᒷ ᔑリ↸ ∴𝙹リ'ℸ ̣ ᓭℸ ̣ 𝙹!¡ ⚍リℸ ̣ ╎ꖎ ∴ᒷ'∷ᒷ ᔑꖎꖎ ↸ᒷᔑ↸.'

'You're speaking... Galactic. You're not speaking English.'

''∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ↸╎↸ ||𝙹⚍ ᓭᔑ||? ||𝙹⚍'∷ᒷ ℸ ̣ ᔑꖎꖌ╎リ⊣ ∴ᒷ╎∷↸ꖎ||...'

'No, you're talking weirdly. You're talking a different- '||𝙹⚍'∷ᒷ ℸ ̣ ᔑꖎꖌ╎リ⊣ ᔑ ↸╎⎓⎓ᒷ∷ᒷリℸ ̣ ꖎᔑリ⊣⚍ᔑ⊣ᒷ. ᓵᔑリ ||𝙹⚍ ⚍リ↸ᒷ∷ᓭℸ ̣ ᔑリ↸ ᒲᒷ リ𝙹∴?'

  '||ᒷᔑ⍑, ||𝙹⚍'∷ᒷ ℸ ̣ ᔑꖎꖌ╎リ⊣ リ𝙹∷ᒲᔑꖎꖎ|| リ𝙹∴. ∴⍑|| ↸╎↸ ||𝙹⚍ ᓭℸ ̣ ᔑ∷ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ᔑꖎꖌ╎リ⊣ ᔑリ 𝙹↸↸ ꖎᔑリ⊣⚍ᔑ⊣ᒷ?'

 '∴ᒷ'∷ᒷ ʖ𝙹ℸ ̣ ⍑ ℸ ̣ ᔑꖎꖌ╎リ⊣ ⊣ᔑꖎᔑᓵℸ ̣ ╎ᓵ. ╎ ℸ ̣ ᔑ⚍⊣⍑ℸ ̣ ᒲ||ᓭᒷꖎ⎓ ⍑𝙹∴ ℸ ̣ 𝙹, ʖ⚍ℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍? ⍑||!¡リ𝙹, ∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ 'ᓭ ⊣𝙹╎リ⊣ 𝙹リ?'

'╎'ᒲ... fine? I'm not talking a weird language?'

'Yes, you were. We are both just talking galactic. The language the Watchers speak.' 

It took a moment for Hypno to reply, as he tried to figure everything out. 

'But- how can you speak it?'

'I taught myself how to speak it. Most wizard spells use Galactic, so I taught myself it.'

'And I was talking galactic?'

'Yes.'

'But I've never learnt it! I know Xisuma can - could - speak it, but I never could... what's happening to me?' 

'I don't know? But it must be the watchers.'

'You think everything is the watchers.' 

'Because they've ruined everything else in our lives!' Scar snapped. Hypno backed away. 'Sorry... it's just... I'm growing tired of them messing with me, and now Grian's back, and I don't know whether to feel happy, or sad, or angry...'

'I understand. Don't shout at me, but I think I can sympathise. If it had been Xisuma, or Jevin, that had come back like this...'

'I thought you hated Jevin... you were always insulting each other's existence. You literally found a way for the HCBBS to be saying that he stinks, in the most elaborate way possible.'

'Yeah, but it was all just for a laugh. A running joke. It's not as funny now he's dead... Cleo told me she could see ghosts, but I wish I had actual evidence that Jevin was - he could - I just wish we could still communicate. Anything. I just want some kind of sign that he's still out there, safe, existing in some kind of form that isn't a mess of slime in a world we can't return to.' 

'You're crying.' Scar noted quietly. 

'Yeah, I am. Because I miss Jevin.'

'I wish I could make you feel better...'

'No, it's ok... I've given up looking for anything anyway. I accept that he's dead, and not coming back.'

'You know you haven't.' Scar replied. 'The same way that I'm still desperately trying to find some evidence of Cub being here, and still being alive, even though I sat by his body for more than 2 days hoping he's tell me it was just a prank.' 

'Here's to hoping our friends are alive...' sighed Hypno. 'I need to go and hope Jevin does something crazy elsewhere. Bye, Scar.'

'Bye...'

Hypno left, all the memories of Jevin pulled up from his mind. Inside, he still wished, still hoped, that his friend would come back. 

'Oh, come on, Jev. Just show me you're here. Show me you care. I know you won't, but... anything...' 

Hypno stood there for a moment longer, hiding the fact he was crying, tears running down his face. He tried to wipe them away.

'Come on, Jevin. I know you won't... why am I even wishing this anyway...'

But even as he stood there, a pillar formed in the distance, where no one was standing. Hypno blinked, staring as letters began to be made, until it was obvious what was being written.

HYPNO SMELLS.

2 chapters this story in quick succession? wHaT?!