Chapter 6

Who else had forgotten about THIS plan-less mess?

Stress sighed as she sat in her prison. It was dark, and cold, and uncomfortable. Taurtis stood at the entrance, wearing his stupid mask. Hers was lying on the ground next to her. She'd pulled it off as soon as she'd got here, but had found a way to trick the other watchers into thinking she was still wearing it. Deciding she was going to leave, she strutted over to the gate and spoke. 

'Hello, luv.' She smiled creepily at him. 'How'ya doin'?' The watcher doesn't reply. He never does the first time. 'Are you gonna speak to me?'

Still no reply. Stress sighed again, leaning on the bars. 'Ya know you're still my favourite watcher, right? The closest thing I have to a friend here.' 

'Shut up.' 

Finally! A response! Stress smiled even more. 

'I know ya actually luv me,'

'I don't.' 

'Jus' Look at me! Tha's all you need to do...'

'Why?'

'Cuz' I got you a surprise.'

'What?' 

Taurtis faced Stress, showing his annoyance and Stress punched him, stealing the key from his pocket and unlocking the door. She stepped easily out while he's still reeling, waved goodbye, and ran off. 

A yell from the watcher made her turn around to see Taurtis running towards her. With a flap of her wings, Stress lifted herself into the air, still smiling.

'Hello, luv. What'ya doin' now?'

'GET BACK HERE YOU- YOU...' 

'Nah... I like bein' free. It's fun.' 

'ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷ𝙹リᒷ ⍑ᒷꖎ!¡ ᒲᒷ!'

Another watcher ran into view, clearing thinking they'd blocked Stress's exit as she kept running. Sneaking past the guard, smiling all the way, she ran up a large set of stairs, into an open area. A window sat next to her, and Stress looked over at it, then back to the two watchers flying towards her. 

'Goodbye, my lovelies!' She waved at them, before jumping out the window and rolling on the ground below. It was only the ground floor, so there was no fall, but shards of glass still stuck in her arms and wings. 'See ya later!' She shook out her wings, and flew away. 

Bdubs's ghost walked through the forest alone. He held a sword in his hand and listened closely for any signs of Iskall. The 'bad' ghosts had been chilling out just here a lot recently, and it was time to stop them. 

He froze at the sound of footsteps ahead, desperately trying to think who it might be. Tango and Zedaph were patrolling, weren't they? Yeah, he'd chatted with Impulse about it this morning. His friend was wanting to go with them, and make sure they stayed alright. No one had died yet within their world, and no one wanted to see if it was on permadeath or not. Scar had been desperately trying to find out, but without actually being able to hear all the frustrated instructions that Cub had been yelling over his shoulder, he hadn't got anywhere close.

Bdubs breathed as he saw it was the patrol going by, followed by a very dutiful Impulse. Bdubs ran over to his friend.

'Hey Impy!' He called out cheerfully. Zedaph stopped.

'Did you hear that?'

'What?' 

'A voice.'

Bdubs looked at Impulse. Impulse looked at him back.