I was never really alone.

It's my first time really alone and it's nice, but I am practically counting down the minutes until Hayden gets home. Partially, because I kind of miss the idiot and because today was his first day at his fancy job, I want to know how it went.

So, I was sitting on the couch in our cute apartment working on my laptop.

I've been looking for a job. Hayden makes enough at his job that I don't really need one, but I refuse to be a freeloader. Even if I only make a fraction of what he does, I still want to contribute something.

"Honey, I'm home!" Hayden announced loudly making me laugh.

"That was beyond cheesy." I said shaking my head, "How was your first day?"

"It was exhausting, but it's my dream job. I spent four years working towards this. I'm telling you Kal, everything is looking up." He kicked his shoes off and fell back onto the couch. Then as if he has no concept of personal space, he flung his legs across my lap, effectively shutting my laptop.

"You know, I was doing something," I said with a laugh.

"Is it urgent?" I rolled my eyes.

"No, I was looking for jobs. I can do it later." He smirked and sat up, "That look spells trouble."

"Hey, I'm just happy to see you. Nothing nefarious. My intentions are pure." I snorted.

"Hayden Young there's is nothing pure about you," I said before I leaned over and gave him a quick kiss.

"Ok, my intentions are mostly pure." He looked at me in a way that made me blush, it was like he was undressing me with his eyes.

"Hayden?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"We live together."

"Ok? Are you just stating facts or is this going somewhere?" I smacked him playfully.

"Shut up." He held his hands up defensively.

"Sorry, continue."

"We live together and we haven't had sex. That's weird, right? I mean, couples who live together are supposed to sleep together right?" I bit my lip nervously. I know it sounds ridiculous since we've lived together for a year, but since it's been bothering me since we decided to get this place.

"We do sleep together, every night. You're a blanket hog." That broke the tension perfectly.

"You know what I mean. We live together, just the two of us, and not counting the month we were apart, we've been together for seven months. I just-"

"Kalista, I love you. Being with you is the only thing that matters. I don't care how long it takes, we will wait until you're ready." I gulped.

"But what if that's now?" I said beyond nervous.