28) Imbecile

W
I know I said I wasn't going to put more warnings because I thought the first two made it clear this book is going to deal with graphic depictions of sexual assault all throughout(which it will), but I felt like going overboard today:)
So,
Talk of sexual assault ahead! Specifically, what happened between Elijah and Sunny in the gym. A lil description of the consequences of the conversation will be in the author's note at the end if you need to skip.
But if you do feel the need to skip, I strongly advise you to find another book, because the main relationship is literally just one big assault case at this point:) so if this bothers/triggers you, I have no idea how you made it here, but please don't read on if it's gonna harm you. There are so many good books(even BDSM related) that don't revolve around a toxic relationship that's so far from realistic you can't even see it with a telescope. If you think you fit into that category, thank you for reading, and I hope to see you in another book of mine in the future that's not literally so toxic I'll miss you! Bye for now!
As for everyone else, happy reading:)

"What do you want?" I gritted through my teeth at the giant oaf standing in front of me.

"Why are you acting weird?" Elijah narrowed his eyes at me.

I glared at him. "What the fuck are you talking about? We've had like five conversations with each other, how do you know what's weird or not?"

"You've been talking to Leo and Dray all day. I get Leo, but Dray? That man has the personality of a brick wall," he grouched.

I stared blankly at him. "And you have a problem with that because. . ."

"Because you've been completely ignoring me! And I know it's on purpose, I am not easy to ignore," he crossed his tree trunk arms around his broad, manly chest while he whined like a baby.

Is this fully grown man really upset about the fact that a teenage girl he assaulted isn't talking to him?

"You're right. You are hard to ignore."

He smirked and shrugged 'humbly' at that.

"You're so fucking annoying it's difficult to tune you out and avoid telling you to shut the hell up," I remarked afterwards.

I immediately feel slightly guilty for saying something like that, even under the circumstances.

Curse my overactive conscience, she's a bitch for that.

But he deserves that, and so much more so. . . I don't feel that bad.

His expression changed swiftly. It went from cocky to a look that reminded me of his status as a cruel and high ranking gang member with rippling muscles and a hand gun currently tucked into his pants.

I shoved the fear down though, and regarded him boredly.

He can't touch you Sunny. The Boss would have his head for it, I reassured myself so I could keep up the brave face.

"Listen," he took a menacing step forward. "I know you're under Boss' protection, but if you keep talking shit, I don't know if I'll be able to resist teaching you a lesson," he sneered.

I raised an eyebrow, unimpressed with his threats.

We had a stare off for a couple of seconds. When he finally realized threats weren't gonna work on me, he couldn't seem to keep the subtle surprise out of his expression. He looked me up and down. "Got it?" He tried to gage my reaction.

I sighed and shook my head at his antics, "Whatever Elijah, is that all you wanted to talk to me about?" I tilted my head tiredly.

  It was a waste of time, but at least he didn't try anything.