15) Boys Will Be Boys

They talked for a little bit about this and that. I tuned out after things started getting graphic.

  The Boss was turning to leave when Leo spoke up from across the room. "Hey Boss, how 'bout we see what the little miss can do?" He grinned mischievously.

  I frowned.

  "Oh yeah, she talked herself up real good when she was begging us to take her here. Let's see if she can walk the walk," Elijah budded in.

  I glared at him.

  I hate you both.

  The Boss set her cool gaze on me.

  "That is not true," I pointed at them.

  "You said you could be of use to us in the arena," Leo shrugged with a cocky smirk.

  "I said I was a quick learner," I sneered back. "Not that I knew how to fight."

  "Well let's see if you're more useful in a fight than Carmen over there," Boss nudged her head in the pouting girl's direction, obviously just to get under the girl's skin.

  At the sound of that Carmen narrowed her eyes at me in hatred.

  Well now she doesn't like me.

  In an attempt to remedy that, I scrambled to get out of this. "I definitely won't be. The most I know is from YouTube self defense videos."

  "Oh c'mon, it'll be fun," Elijah smirked, waving me over to the mat.

  "For you," I glared.

  "Exactly," he just gave me a shit eating grin.

  I looked up at the boss on my last hope.

  She just shoved me closer to the mat.

  I scoffed and crossed my arms on the way over. "Just know who's to blame if he messes up my face," I pointed around the room.

  Elijah just chuckled and Boss continued to stare coldly.

Jeez, tough crowd.

  Elijah got into a fighting position.

  "I really don't want to do this," I voiced my concerns.

  "Too bad. You're doing it," he responded.

  "No."

  "Yes."

  He inched closer and I panicked. "If you touch me I'll knee you in the dick."

  "That's against the rules," he shook his head.

  "Tough. I'll do it."

  "I'll literally kill you."

  "Do I look like I'm afraid to die?"

  "I'll make it hurt. A lot," he inched closer.

  I put an arm out. "I don't care. I'll do it. No babies for you."

  He finally reached me to put his hand on my shoulder to start his attack, and I yelped.

  I did the first thing that came to mind and locked my right foot behind his left one, grabbed his wrist and shoulder, and used all my body weight to topple him over onto his back, where I sat on top of him pinning his arms down.

  I looked up at the rest of the room and beamed. "I can't believe that actually worked!" YouTube self defense classes really came in clutch just then.

The Boss snorted. "Well look at that. You really did do better than Carmen."

I immediately glanced over at the red head to find her glaring daggers at me.