21) Trust

Boss' POV

  I waited for her to go against me and keep fighting, prepared to wrestle her back down, but she didn't.

  She did as I said with baited breath, probably questioning my motivations.

  I would too.

  But she still did it, and I made sure to inform her of how pleased it made me. "Good girl." I squeezed her ass and her breath hitched.

  Shit, her reactions make me feel some type of way.

  But this encounter isn't about that. That'll come in time.

  For now, panic attacks are a turn off, and I need to make sure they don't happen every time she gets punished. That's exhausting for the both of us, especially considering how inclined she is to disobey when she's scared.

  She's gonna be scared a lot in this life. It just comes with the territory.

  "Are you ready to listen?" I questioned her sternly, but continued rubbing her back tenderly.

  She nodded meekly, "A-are you going to get off of me?" She asked timidly. She already knows the answer, though.

  "No."

  You need to get comfortable restrained and underneath me.

  She sighed but didn't comment further.

  I sadly drew my hand away from her ass and used it to contribute to rubbing her back.

  Eventually her muscles loosened further.

  "You were good on the car ride there, and you behaved how I asked during the meeting. You know what I had a problem with was how you disobeyed me during the fight and nearly got yourself fucking shot."

  "I didn't think that —"

  "This isn't the part where you speak, Sunshine," I cut her off.

  She, surprisingly, listened again and merely pouted at my scolding.

  So far, the agreement of helping her father has made her maleable enough when she's in her right mind. Now's a great time to start teaching her that she's mostly safe as long as she behaves. As long as she's mine.

  Hopefully that'll transfer over to me when she's panicking and tempted to act stupid. The idea is that her instinct will be to do as I say, even when all that's on her mind is protecting herself from harm.

  But that'll take time.

Lucky girl. The project combined with her hot as hell reactions will keep me from getting bored of her for a while.

  Now, I wanna convince her that punishments are something to be avoided, but not to the point that if you fail you should freak the fuck out.

  "I know you didn't do it just to piss me off. If I thought that, me shoving the barril of my gun down your throat would have been the last thing you ever felt or saw," I explained.

I don't put up with that shit.

  She stiffened at my confession, both of us knowing it's the truth.

"With that in mind, I know I said I'd make you regret your disobedience, and I'm no liar, but something tells me you already do. . ." I trailed off, already knowing her response but waiting for her to voice it.

She nodded frantically, well, as frantically as she could with her face pressed into the sheets of the bed.

I smacked her ass and didn't hold back this time. "Words," I gritted out.