Chapter 9: Reunion & Return

Start from the beginning

With Jack

Young Jack is now laying down on a make-shift bed of some-sort as she slowly stirs awake to the sound of fire crackling, Jack slowly sat up from her sleeping position as she looks around the environment that she is in: Ruined buildings, a camp fire a few feet from her which was cooking something in a pot and finally, a few patches of ice here and there. She then felt something wrapped around her forehead as she touched it and it felt a little bit rough, it was bandages wrapped around her forehead to stop any infection coming in her wound from the broken screen glass shards, she was about to stand up when a voice suddenly spoke to her.

???: Hey... You're finally awake..!

Jack quickly turned her head to see a man with a cloak and he's hood on, the only distinguishable feature on man's face was fangs and white hair, the man sat there looking at her as he stirred something in the pot, Jack by instinct grabbed whatever that is sharp beside her then charged at the man despite of her fatigue and was about to stab him but she was blocked by a shard of ice that seemingly appeared out of no-where which made her eyes widen.

???: Is that how I taught you to greet someone, Silvy?

Jack's eyes widen in shock as tears slowly rolls down her face, it was her "dead" mother, Isfrid: The Deity of Ice. Jack threw away her weapon then tackled her mother into a hug as both fell on the floor, they didn't care if the floor below them was dirty or not as they continue to hug each other tightly not wanting to let go.

Jack: Mama I finally found you!

Isfrid: Yes, Jackie.... You found me....

Jack kept hugging her mother as she cries on Isfrid's shoulder while he rubs her back to calm her down, Isfrid placed her down on the floor as he pats her head before carefully putting the newly cooked soup into two bowls that are some-how clean. As they ate, Jack informed her mother on what had happened in Chaldea while he was gone, it saddened Isfrid that everyone had gone upset about his supposed death but he was going to change that by surprising everyone; Especially Mordred.

After the two finished eating, they started to pack whatever they had with them as Isfrid freezed the camp fire that they cooked on before venturing out onto the open world again, Isfrid gave Jack a cloak of her own since it'll help with the heat of the sun and just incase something bad happened, whilst the two are walking, Mordred and the group had been flying on the helicopter for hours as they headed to where Jack (and Isfrid) was last seen. Every 30 minutes Mordred would silently ask if they were there yet but she always got the same reply: "We'll get there, when we get there...." Mordred was aware that her half an hourly questions were annoying but it was her way of showing that she was very anxious, she lied to her daughter, something that she swore to never do to her children when she was young and well.... "Alive" but she did it anyways, Mordred now realized what parenting is all about: Taking care of your children, being affectionate to them and doing the best for them, which also means that she had to lie just so Jack won't hurt herself or even worse, get herself killed.

SM1: We're almost there..!

Mordred's eyes widen as she begin to rub her thumbs together while taking deep breaths, she gripped Excalibur Alsius tightly as the sword's never ending mist of cold air touched her hand which made her feel the Isfrid is "still with her". A few more hours later, the search team found two figures in cloaks as they walk along the dusty path and seemingly to head where they just came from, the pilot brought down the helicopter to the ground as the air produced from the propeller brought the figures hoods down but due to the dust all over the place it made it hard for them to see who were they were.