Chapter 8: Where is Mama?

Get them tissues boiz, cuz I say we cri tonight.

:'}

3rd POV

A few hours later after Mordred got some rest, she carried Jackie to Isfrid's room, well was his room, and lied her daughter down on his bed. The mere scene of Jackie sleeping on her lover's bed brought sweet but painful memories back that made her shed a tear, Mordred then lied down next to Jack and hugged her tightly not wanting to let her go, his made Jack stir awake before turning to her father then looking at her with curiosity.

Jack: Is something wrong papa..?

Mordred: No.... Nothing's wrong "Silvy" [a nickname Isfrid came up with]

Jack: Where is Mama..?

Mordred: He's.... Been very busy lately so he won't be sleeping with us tonight, maybe tomorrow night "Yeti".... [Mordred's nickname]

Jack: O-Ok....

Mordred: sigh How about I song you Mama's lullaby, will that help you sleep..?

Jack: Yea....

Mordred: Now.... Just lay down, close your eyes and don't think of anything right now, everything "is fine"....

That night was when it all changed....

The next morning, Mordred entered the cafeteria with dark circles below her eyes and many sighs of crying, she carried Jack on her back as she put her down next to the Artoria's before going off and taking their food from the counter, many of the servants in there didn't have the energy to talk as they just ate their breakfast quietly. This cycle continued....

Days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months and finally a year, the lost of their favorite ice cold glutton made everything dull, some may say that his presence make people smile due to his unintentionally comedic personality. The chaotic energy that Chaldea once emitted was changed into a sad aura, anyone that enters there can always feel the sadness coming from each servant and a few masters but mostly came from Mordred, who now doesn't even look like treacherous knight that she used to be.

Her cheeky smile that she always wear was now turned into a frown, her wild but fixed hair was no longer the same and most of all she looked like she doesn't even eat anymore, all but one was affected by this and only one that has not even learned that someone had died was the one and only daughter Jack the Ripper.

Mordred always lied about cold servant's death and always avoided if the child asked: "When will mama come back..?" Jack didn't know what is going on, she always see her friends with a sad face, the older servants just sadly smiled at the child which made her more confused. That was until this specific day....

Jack entered her mother's room and saw her father laying down on his bed all curled up with hugging a pillow tightly, Jack went up to her father and shook her to grab her attention, Mordred slowly sat up and looked at her daughter expecting to be asked the same question but...

Jack: Pa, why is everyone sad..?

Mordred was taken back by her daughter's question, she expect Jack to ask this question since she always asks if her mother was back.