Jail Bird

Colby, Jon, and April arrived back to the hotel and stepped out of the nice vehicle.  Still silent, the three headed up the The Shield's room.  Colby swiped the key from his pocked and opened the door, holding it open for the lady and Jon.  They all sat in a circle of some sort and looked around awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

Breaking the silence, Colby cleared his throat and says, "So, we're safe now,"

Jon rudely interrupted, "Pssh, safe?  Phil's going to ring my neck."

April scoffed, "Since when do you care about consequences to your actions?"

She was right.

"Very true, young lady, very true,"  Jon admitted.  She shrugged and crossed her arms.

"Twitters blowing up, our bosses are going to find out soon,"  Colby tapped his fingers on his chest, nervous for the two.

"Do they even know what Twitter is?"  Jon chuckles.

"Oh, the irony,"  April giggles and shakes her head.  Colby snickers, causing Jon to make some sort of grunt and mumble something.

Beep beep 

April glanced down at her phone.  

One new message:

She scrunched up her nose when she saw who it was from: Stephanie.

Steph:  Mrs. Brooks....news has spread quickly.  Get yourself and Jon over here. NOW.

April ran her fingers through her long, thick black hair and let out a deep sigh.  She replied to the message.

April:  Sure, thing boss lady!  Be right over.

Did I really send 'boss lady'? April mentally face palmed herself and turned to the guys.

"Um, I've got some news," she gave them a sheepish smile.

"Good or bad?"  Jon tries to brighten the mood.  The glare he receives from April gives him his answer.  

"Steph wants to see us, now."

Jon gets up from his seated position and paces around the spacious room.  He throws his hands in the air and exclaims,

"Let's go, girl, don't want to keep her waiting,"  Jon picks up April, with her slung over his shoulder.  She elbows his head to get down, but he is unwilling to release the grasp.  Desperate to get down, April whispers something in Jon's ear, which causes him to grin.  He puts her down right at once.  They run down the stairs and past the fancy hotel doors.  April chases a taxi down the street, waving her arm and shouting.  He stops and yells for her to get in.  Jon chases after her and hops in the yellow vehicle.  Minutes pass, then the car comes to a halt.  Jon slips the guy a twenty and leaves with April without question.  Rushing through the doors of the large building that Stephanie wanted Jon and April to meet them, they approach a secretary who adjusts her glasses and squints at the, now sweaty, unstable pair.  "Do you have an appoint-"

"Where's Stephanie McMahon?" Jon cuts in.

Insulted by the intrusion, the lady snarls, then points down the hallway.  April sweetly smiles to the woman and waves as an apology and thank you.  Jon takes April's arm and leads her down the hall. 

Stephanie McMahon Levesque

Reads across the door sign.  April takes a final deep breath and knocks on the door.  A few seconds go by before a woman in a power suit and tall heels swings open the door, ushering the visitors in.  They are seated at a table and Paul, her husband, turns around in his spinny chair.  He has a scowl cemented on his face.  His wive's expression matches his as they eye their company.  Finally, Stephanie breaks the stare down and clears her throat.  April gulps.

"Jon....April...."  she grits her teeth.

"Yes, ma'am,"  April makes direct eye contact, not wanting to seem scared.

"You should know why we asked you to come," she glances over at Jon, who is staring off into space.  Again, she clears her throat, making him come out of the trance and give his attention to her.  April slowly nods.  Jon is just catching up to what just happened within the last thirty seconds.

"I've invited you two over because of your foolish behavior.  You have gotten yourselves into deep trouble, and are making the company look bad.  We do not tolerate this kind of funny business.  April, you are married.  Jon, you are disrespectful to a marriage and are interferring when you shouldn't be.  As a consequence,"

April pinches herself, hoping that she will wake up to some crazy dream.  Jon looks intently, waiting for Steph's answer.

"....as a consequence, you two are fired."

April's eyes bulge.  This couldn't possibly happen to her, not AJ Lee!! Not Dean Ambrose!

"Mrs. McMa-"  April interjects.

"I don't want to hear it.  You two, fired.  Get out,"  she points to the door.  

Jon kicks his feet up on the table, smirking.  April is halfway out of the door before she notices this.  

"Jon," she whispers angrily.  He ignores her.

"Oh, Stephanie.  Stephanie, Stephanie, Stephanie," he shakes his head in amusement.  "You dazzle me.  You really do."

"Jon, I said that you are fired, get OUT,"  she slams her hand on the table, her face is inches from his.  The corners of his lips form into an evil grin.

"Stephy, baby, you know you don't mean that.  If you were to do that, that would mean no more 'special favors' from me."

"Special what?!"  April's head swivels around and her eyes are ablaze.

"What are you talking about?"  Stephanie's brows furrow.

"Aw, you don't have to be embarrassed, when Hunter doesn't get the job do-"

Stephanie snaps, "shut up!  You are making this up, special favors?  Seriously?"

Paul looks puzzled, and Stephanie's cheeks flush and she is at her boiling point.  Bingo.

"It's okay, it's okay.  I'm sure Colby wouldn't mind helping you out!"  Jon pats her shoulder.  She slaps Jon as hard as her arm allows.  He clutches his face in pain,  April's face is priceless, and Paul is in utter shock.  Stephanie's mouth parts, immediately regretting her reaction to his jokes.  Jon's face is left with a red hand print and he snaps a picture on his phone, now that he knows how to work it.  

"Stephanie!  That really hurt,"  Jon should be wincing, but his expression is just the opposite.  "I can't believe that you would slap an innocent civilian!  I'm just a regular guy, no job or anything.  I'm suing," he threatens.  

Stephanie gives a nervous look to Paul, and he shrugs.  Such help he is...

"Jon, I....I..."

"I don't want to hear it," he mimicks.  "I'll be seeing you in court, jail bird."

Jon grabs April's hand, and exits the room calmly, like nothing ever happened.

"Wait, come back!"  Stephanie pleads.  Jon merely turns his head in her direction, still having that evil grin on his face.

"You want your job back, fine!  Have it!  Just don't sue, I can't go back there!"

"I'll think about it,"  Jon leaves her with that, then walks out of the building, hand in hand with a now pleased AJ.

. . . . . . . . . . .