Broken and petrified

Jake sat in the common room thinking, he had missed all his classes for the past two days and he didn't care. The prophecy had given him a lot to think about. He stood up from the couch he was sitting on and he walked over to the bulletin board.

'First Hogsmade visit for this weekend, the 5th of November. make sure you have permission slips to give to Mr. Filch when walking out.
Gryffindor head and deputy headmistress Minerva Mcgonagoll'

Jake smiled at this, he could finally take Katie on a date. There wasn't much places to take her though because hogsmade was only small, it was nothing like Diagon Alley. Also the good thing about hogsmade is that it's an entirely wizard village. There was another page on the bulletin that said:

'Slytherin vs. Gryffindor
Sunday 6th of November. Bring your scarfs because it's going to be cold out
Oliver Wood (Gryffindor Quidditch Captain)'

'Great a match against Draco Malfoy, the new Slytherin seeker, this should be good' Jake thought. Katie then walked into the portrait door and looked at Jake. "Aren't you suppose to be in class?" Jake asked, he was still staring at the bulletin on the wall.

"I could ask you the same thing" katie said. "Why haven't you been to classes for the past two days?" Katie asked, she walked towards Jake and he looked at her with a blank look.

"That's something you don't need to know" Jake said, he moved away from her slightly.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!" Katie spat. Jake looked away from her suddenly and shrugged. Katie breathed in and out calming herself a bit. "Jake look at me" Jake turned his head and looked at her, he had pain in his eyes. Katie tried her best to ignore them. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" Katie asked.

"I can't tell anyone" Jake said with tears forming in his eyes. He looked away from her again.

"If you're not going to tell me what's wrong then I know you can't trust me" Katie said with tears in her eyes, she frowned and looked towards the ground. "I'm sorry but if there's no trust then there is no us" Katie said pushing past Jake and walking towards the portrait door.

"Kat..." Jake said, but it was too late, she was already gone. It was over between them now. Jake sat on the couch and put his head into his hands. She was his rock, his best friend, his girlfriend and now it was over. Jake stood up and walked out the door, it was his fathers free period so he would be in the empty classroom.

He walked through the door with tears in his eyes. They started to fall when Severus looked at him. "Jake... What's wrong?" Severus asked standing up from his desk. Jake sat down in a chair and looked at his father crying, he had been holding it in until now.

"Katie broke up with me because I couldn't tell her what was bothering me, that would be the prophecy" Jake said wiping his tears that were still falling. "She's the only person other then you who truly understands" Jake stuttered.

"Jake... We will make an appointment with Professor Dumbledore to ask if miss bell can be trusted, you need to go after her, don't be a fool like me" Severus said wiping his sons tears away. "It's not as bad as you think, all she wants if for you to go after her" Severus said. Jake nodded. It was true, he should have went after her.
*

Before Dinner Jake pulled Katie aside to talk to her. Katie waved her friends off and looked at Jake. She did look upset. "What do you want?" Katie asked.

"I'm sorry, i should have went after you before... I've wanted to tell you what's wrong it's just professor Dumbledore has forbidden me to tell anyone because he doesn't want to risk harry knowing" Jake muttered. He realised he said too much.