Chapter 43

MEGAN

"I can't do this, Megan."

"Of course you can, you just have to get up, pick up a box and walk it downstairs." Just on the day Logan is moving his stuff out of his apartment the lift broke down which means we have to walk everything three floors down.

"Can't we just take a break and do something fun? There's a nice coffee place on the corner, we could go there!"

"Logan Rose, get your ass of that couch and start carrying your stuff downstairs."

"Yes, Ma'am, Yes!" He's such an idiot. I'm spending my free day helping him move and now he's being all lazy.

We carry a few more things downstairs but there's still some room in my car so we make another run.

"We should have asked Matthew and Evan to help move everything."

"Seriously, Logan? You don't think the two of us are perfectly capable of getting this done? Where's your sense of adventure now?"

"Maybe I packed it up in one of the boxes."

Once we have both of our cars filled to the max we start the short drive to my apartment. I offered Logan to move in with me for four months but a few weeks ago he finally had enough of his roommate and took me up on my offer. Luckily he got out of his rental agreement easily, so he can move in before the holidays start.

I only finished my exams yesterday and I'll already be leaving for London next week. I'm excited to see Owen again and to finally meet Ruby. I wish Matthew could come with me but he won't get off of work until right before Christmas. I haven't seen him in three weeks already. I was busy preparing exams and I still had a bunch of shifts left at work and he was also too busy with work to drive to Bath for a few days.

The long distance has been okay so far, we text and call a lot which really helps to stay in touch throughout the week but I miss him so much. Especially right after we've seen each other. Those days we spend together I get so used to his presence again and then we are parted for a week or even longer.

I knew it was going to be like this. We talked about it before we left Santorini and we both agreed to this, but it's starting to take its toll on me. I don't sleep well when I'm in bed by myself. My mind is occupied with thoughts of Matthew all day. I spend more time on my phone than anything else, which really cuts down on the time I focus on school.

"Does this mean we're finally done?"

"You're done carrying stuff if that helps." It was a good call to bring the big stuff over first. We set the bedframe and closet up as soon as be brought it up here so now we just have the boxes to deal with. Who knew Logan came with this much stuff?

I let Logan deal with the boxes in his new room while I put away the kitchenware he brought. It's a good thing be brough some stuff, I have plenty for one but if we had to share everything we would have to dishes ever two hours. Now the kitchen cabinets are even more mismatched and I must admit I like the look of all the different mugs and plates.

Living with Logan has been a real adventure. Sharing the bathroom with someone definitely took some getting used to, especially now I have to remember to close and lock the doors. How that towel saved us from a very awkward run in.

We fell into a schedule pretty easily, whoever is home first cooks that day. A schedule has been stuck on the fridge and so far it works out just fine. He has been super supportive about the situation with Owen and talked me out of my anxiety about going to London today. I almost forgot how nice it is to have someone to talk to whenever you want. I always liked living alone but having Logan as a roommate is great. It reminds me of the weeks we spent in Greece living in the same house. I can't wait to get the four of us together again.

The train ride to London only takes an hour and a half. Owen offered I could stay in their spare room but I felt more comfortable staying in a hotel since we don't know each other that well yet. I mean, how long does it usually take to get to know your brother?

I'm a bit anxious when I walk the short distance from the hotel to Owen's place. We've only seen each other three times and now we'll be spending a few days together. I'm excited to get to know him better but it also freaks me out. Somehow he also makes me think off my family. Or their absence more like it. This is the first time I feel like I have a family member I can actually connect with and count on.

"Megan! Hi, come in! Welcome!" Well, he's definitely happy to see me again.

"Thanks for having me. This place is great, Owen." He gives me a quick tour which ends in the living room where his girlfriend, Ruby is waiting. After the introductions we easily fall into some small talk about their house and the neighbourhood.

"My boyfriend would love these streets. He studied architecture and is always impressed by buildings, and that kind of stuff you know."

"It's a really nice neighbourhood, we love it here."

Ruby asks me a bunch of questions about university and Matthew and I'm glad it's not awkward between us. I really want to have Owen in my life and I think he feels the same so it's good that his girlfriend and I get along as well. The more time I spend with Owen, the more similarities between us I see. Apparently we both got a lot of traits from our mother. Too bad she ran out of my life before I could ever get to know her.