Chapter 12

MATTHEW

I think everyone knows Greece is beautiful, but unless you've been here, you have no idea just how amazing it is. The past few days I've seen a bit of the island, but seeing it from the ocean is completely different. The shore with the beaches, the cliffs, the small towns all over the island.

One of Megan's friends managed to get a boat for the day, so all of us are now out on the ocean enjoying the sun. If you had told me I would be spending time with strangers for the second time in three days a week ago I would have called you crazy. Somehow, I'm actually fine with it today. Getting to know everyone at the party settled my nerves to be around the group. Which is good because my friends clearly like hanging out with them.

Since we're with nine people it isn't too difficult to keep my distance from Megan. I know we talked about the whole kissing thing, but I still feel odd about it. I told her that we were good, that she shouldn't worry about. What if she thinks I don't care? What if a just blew every shot of her being interested in me? I would totally kiss her again if I had the chance.

It also isn't helping that the other guys are walking around in their swimmers. I'm not in bad shape but I'm not as fit as the other guys. Usually I'm not the person to be insecure but when it comes to Megan I'm not sure of anything anymore.

Logan sits next to me and we're silently observing the others while they are getting drunk at a steady rate. I opted for a water bottle instead of beer. It's only two in the afternoon and we've been in the sun for a few hours already and will be for a couple more, probably not the best idea to drink a lot of alcohol. Well, at least I won't be the one sick for the rest of today and tomorrow.

I've always known that Evan was a huge flirt. I've known the guy for years, I think I've seen all of his tricks by now. I'm surprised he still succeeds with them. And I mean, they aren't that original. I would expect people right through him. But seeing as he currently has the attention of three girls, apparently they don't. I better tell him not to cause any chaos when we still have over two weeks left on the island.

"Did he tell you that he had a thing for Andrew the past days?"

"No, he didn't. How did I miss this?"

"Well, you were a little preoccupied with your girl."

"Not my girl and let's focus on our friend instead."

"So he was into Andrew for a few days but he doesn't think he's into guys so, yeah."

"How could I have missed that? I always notice when Evan has a crush on someone."

I wonder if I've really been that caught up in my own thoughts that I didn't notice anything going on around me. I know that I tend to go up in my own world when I'm overthinking. I spend years living like that and I definitely don't want to fall back into that. It took my friends and family years to get me out of my dark moods, I'm not going put them through that again.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when I notice Megan standing in front of me with her hand stretched out.

"Come on, we're going swimming."

I get up and follow her to the edge of the boat and dive into the water. The cold water feels good on my skin. I didn't even realise how warm it was getting in the sun.

"I didn't know you had tattoos."

I watch Megan as she's looking at the small tattoos on my chest. I get nervous as her eyes linger on my body.

"This one I got for my mum as soon as I turned 18," I let my finger trace the heart. Mum drew it someday years ago and without her knowing I took the piece of paper and had it tattooed on my left pec. "this one is for Louis, my brother. It's his birthday."

"They're really nice. It's so sweet you got one for your brother."

"Have you got any?"

"Yeah, I have this one and one on my hip."

She shows me the feather that's tattooed on the inside of her arm. Since we're in the water I cannot see the one on her hip, which might be better. I don't think I could stay sane looking at her curves.

We swim for a while. The more time I spend around Megan, the more I can calm down and settle my nerves a little. She's easy and fun to talk to and I just need to get my feelings out of my head. I'd much rather have her as a friend from now on that mess things up with liking her. Logan shoots curious glances in our way every now and then. I hope Megan doesn't notice him looking, she would think he's gone insane. Maybe I just need to set him up with someone so he can have his own love life to focus on instead of mine.

As we get out of the water we settle on the deck seats again. I grab another bottle of water to make sure I don't get a killing headache in a few hours. I almost choke on my water when Megan walks out onto the deck. Instead of putting on her own top, she's wearing my shirt.

I've never seen a girl wearing my clothes before, but god damn it. If this isn't the hottest thing in the world I don't know what is. I feel oddly satisfied knowing she's comfortable enough with me to just wear my shirt. I quickly glance around to see if anyone notices. Her friends are looking at Megan but no one's watching me. I let my eyes roam her body as she gets closer to where I'm sitting. The shirt is too large for her, but I can still see her bikini clad ass peeking out from underneath it. I hope she gives it back to me at some point but seeing her wear my clothes is worth having to buy a whole new wardrobe.

"Is there a special reason why you're wearing my shirt?"

"I don't want to get sunburnt and my shirt doesn't cover my shoulders."

I don't ask more question. I'm curious why she took mine and not one of her friends' but I decide to leave it at that. Until I hear her soft voice add something.

"It's also really comfy and it smells good."