Chapter 34

Yejin's POV:

My jaw dropped when we entered a gated mansion. Yes! a new mansion! I'm very familiar with the area, the exact location... the tree...our tree in the middle of the vast garden that was decorated by fairy lights.

"Oh my God!" I uttered in disbelief, my fingers covering my mouth.

"Do you... do you like it?" He asked nervously as we alighted the SUV infront of the main door of the house and stayed there for a while.

"Are you seriously asking me that?! Of course I do!" I answered incredulously.

"Thank goodness." He sighed in relief.

"When did it got started? I mean finished?" I stuttered. "I thought the house construction will start next year?"

"I had the contractor immediately started it the day after we got together."

"What? That fast??? That was just less than three months ago!" My eyes widened.

"The contractor I worked with had it done 24/7 including the interiors. They were the ones whom I worked with my other buildings in Seoul. It was done three days ago."

"Oh God!"

"Let's check inside?" As he opened the main door. "Welcome to our home, babe."

I went speechless at the grandiosity of the house but what made me brimming with tears are..

"Eomma?....Appa?"

Bin's POV:

Nervous is an understatement to what I am feeling right now. Since I am an actor, I know I can hide it but this time, I think, I'm failing to do so.

"Eomma... appa... what are you doing here?" Yejin asked as she approached her parents. Hugging them tight as they haven't seen them for 5 weeks now. "I missed you!" Her eyes brimming in tears now.

"Aigoo... why are you like that?" Her mother chuckled. "It's just only more than a month that we hadn't seen each other. You'd lived in the Philippines for 6 straight years!" As she gently patted her cheeks.

"But it's different now..." she pouted. "How are you appa?" As she hugged the older man who's sitting on a wheelchair. "Why are you sitting there again?" She asked in a mocking angry tone.

"My legs and back hurt during the trip. I think I'm not used to long drives anymore." He chortled.

"Did eomma drove here?" Her eyes widened and looked at me.

"No. Binnie had someone to picked us up from home earlier. It's Mr. Kim." Her mother answered.

Both me and Yej almost chocked upon hearing her mother calling me Binnie.

"Eomma... just call him Bin. Binnie is... too cute for him."

"So... are you also asking me to stop calling you Jinnie?" Her mother retorted.

This time both of us snorted as we tried to hold our laughter. Her mother was eyeing on us, clueless on why we are reacting as such.

"Uhmm... Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Son. It is my pleasure to have finally meet you in person." I interjected and bowed to them. "Please call me Bin or Tae Pyung."