Chapter 28

Yejin's POV

Earlier....

"Hello... Yejin-ah.. Are you by any chance coming home tonight? If ever, I'll hand you the additional management that Director Kim and I had talked about. But if not, I'll just email them to you later." Hyojin eonnie asked me on the other line.

"Uhmm.. yes. Yes. I'll.... I'll be there." I stuttered.

"Hey! Are you alright? You sound off?" She asked worriedly.

"Yes." But I sighed deeply.

"What happened there?"

"Oh nothing..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes sunbae."

"Why the sudden formality? Anyway, Director Kim will bring the basic equipments that you will need there tomorrow or maybe this afternoon. Let me know if you still need anything and I'll have Insung oppa brought it there."

"Thank you sunbae."

"Arasseo hoobae... see you later." She chuckled.

"Okay." Then we ended up our call.

I am thankful for the call, it was a saving grace for me. I take it as an opportunity to excuse myself from Bin and his mother who were starting to have a heated argument about what happened to him.

The awkwardness looming in the air became too thick when he introduced me as his girlfriend. I can feel his mother's dislike on me and my presence in her son's life. It was heart wrenching but I have to understand. As much as I wanted to stay beside Bin, I preferred to leave them alone at the moment.

I'm walking at the hallway when I saw Kyung holding two take-away paper bags on his one hand while the other was holding up a phone on his ear.

"Noona! Where are you going? You haven't had your lunch yet." He asked me after he ended up a call.

"I uhmm... need to go back to the rehab. Hyojin sunbaenim called me and we will be discussing something about the additional management plan for Bin."

"Oh okay. But you should eat first. It's already lunch time. Let's get inside hyung's room."

"Ah... no... his mother is in there. I can grab food on my way and besides I am not yet hungry."

He handed me one of the paper bags. "Please take it. Hyung will definitely get upset if he knew you refused this."

I nodded and smiled at him. "Alright.. thank you. I should go now. Please make sure Bin ate his lunch. I'll be back tomorrow morning."

"Tomorrow? I thought you'll be staying with him tonight."

I shook my head. "His mother will be staying here until he got discharged."

"Oh!"

"Please let me know if he needs something. You know my number, right?"

"Yes noona. Oh, wait! I'll call Mr. Hong so he can drive you back at the rehab. He's probably at the parking area now."

"Thanks but there's no need. I'll just take a cab." I smiled at him "Thank you again for this." As I held up the paper bag and started walking down the hallway again towards the elevator.

I decided to go back at the apartment complex. I'm emotionally exhausted and had no energy to eat so I decided to put the food inside the fridge. I took a quick shower and laid on the bed while thinking about what had happened to him and in the hospital earlier.