Vol. 7 part, 4: The Road to Hell...

Start from the beginning

They begin walking in a circle, keeping their eyes on each other.

Watts: "The different types of Dust, the biome system, and of course, everything that goes into controlling them."

Watts holds up his right hand and wiggles his fingers. With a high-pitched noise, his rings begin glowing cyan, and he slams his hand onto the floor. The arena emits a low ping noise. Four of the biome randomizer screens appear, and the four panels that do not have screens above them begin receding. As Watts straightens up, there is a gunshot, and he blocks the bullet with a hard-light shield projected from his rings. Ironwood is aiming Due Process, his white revolver, at him.

Ironwood: "You always were a pain in the ass."

The biome randomizer screens finally stop spinning through the options. All four land on a purple icon depicting levitating platforms. The remaining four panels begin receding, and Watts looks around. Ironwood fires another shot just as Watts begins running. Ironwood continues firing at Watts, who leaps off the panel, into the biome below. Gravity biomes begin rising up in the four sections that had the biome randomizer screens. Ironwood looks around, watching these biomes rise up. Finally, he sees Watts standing on a levitating platform on the fourth and final biome that he looks at.

Watts: "At the risk of sounding cliche, James..."

Watts draws his revolver, spins the chamber and aims it at Ironwood.

Watts: "I won't be going down without a fight."

Watts drops his revolver, and Ironwood looks at it. Watts then grabs Ironwood's left wrist and swings him around to trade places with him. He then shoves Ironwood's arm through a gap in the metal beam and shoves himself away, collapsing to the floor. Four of Watts' rings are placed within the gap in the beam, held in place by a Hard-Light barrier that has trapped Ironwood's left arm. Ironwood attempts to pull his arm through, only for the barrier to tear and burn his skin, causing him to scream in pain.

Watts: "That was a little too close for my liking, James."

Watts stands up, flexing his fingers and then making a fist.

Watts: "Rebuilding those rings is going to be such a pain."

Ironwood glares at Watts, who turns and begins walking away.

Watts: "Now, if you'll excuse me."

Ironwood grips his upper arm and begins slowly pulling it through the barrier again, groaning and wincing in pain.

Watts: "I wouldn't do that if I were you. I mean, unless you're hoping to add more metal to that body of yours."

Ironwood stops for a moment, panting and sweating. He closes his eyes and resumes pulling. Watts uses his remaining rings to highlight portions of the tower's machinery in cyan boxes.

Watts: "All right now, where did they put them?"

Behind him, Ironwood cries out, and there is a thud. Watts' eyes widen, and he looks over his shoulder to see Ironwood sitting up from the floor, panting, with smoke rising from his left arm. Watts turns to face him, shocked.

Watts: "What?!"

Ironwood stands, charges forward, and uses his right arm to grab Watts by the collar of his shirt. He slams Watts onto the floor and continues running, scraping the right side of Watts' face against the floor, before lifting him up to dangle him over the edge of the platform. Lava bubbles and rises from the fire biome far below Watts, who stares down at it and then looks at the panting Ironwood.