"Please, papa! Main Haya se shadi nahi karunga." Haroon said in between before Shamsher could say more.

"Papa, please, I won't marry Haya.)

"Par tumhe toh woh pasand hai." Nasreen asked, shocked that he has refused to marry Haya. If he won't marry her then their plan would be ruined. They wanted this haveli, which Sikander left for her before his death.

(But You liked her.)

"Aap log kya soch rahe hain main janta hoon. Haya ko main kabhi bhi jaan ke iss jahannum mein nahi launga. Abhi woh bhatiji ki haisiyat se yaha rehti hai aisa treatment milta hai, meri biwi banke rahegi toh ap log toh ussey do takke ki izzat nahi denge. Main ussey shadi nahi karunga." Haroon told them his decision firmly and left their room.

(I know what you two are thinking. I can not bring Haya in this hell knowing your plan. You never treated her right as your niece, and I know you will make her life hell if she becomes your daughter-in-law. I won't marry her.)

Behind him, Nasreen and Shamsher both were shocked, how was he talking to them? For that girl?

•••

Haya was the last person who got know that Haroon is leaving. From few days, he was avoiding her like a plague, and today, he left, without even saying goodbye to her.

Since morning, she has locked herself in her bedroom, her head was aching so bad that she didn't have any energy to go out.

Laying on her bed, she was looking at the her window, the Indian Jasmine tree in her garden was blooming with white pearl like flowers, it was such a beautiful sight, but her heart felt like autumn, dry and gloomy.

She wasn't in love with him, or crazy about him, then why does his departure made her feel like this? Maybe because he was among those few well wishers of hers. They didn't talk daily, but time to time he used to check on her, will ask her if she needs anything. His leaving wasn't painful, but his distant behaviour toward her was.

•••

One week later*

Haris was teaching Asher and Samaira in their room.

"Sir! Yeh dekh lein." From last fifteen minute, Asher was stuck on a maths problem, he was finally able to solve it now, excitedly, he forwarded his notebook toward Haris, who was sitting on the other side of the table, and by mistake, the cup on the table got knocked down by Asher's arm.

(Sir! Look at this.)

Quickly, Haris picked the notebooks from table, before tea could ruin them, but poor him couldn't save himself and the tea fall on his thighs.

"I am so sorry." Afraid, Asher mumbles, while Samaira smacked him on his back for his mistake.

"Koi baat nahi, kam se kam tumhari notebook bach gayi." Putting the notebook back on the clean side of the table, Haris told him.

(It's okay, at least your notebook is safe.)

Standing up, he saw that tea has ruined his jeans. "Um, washroom kidhar hai?" He asked them.

(Um, where is washroom?)

Asher quickly stood up to show Haris washroom.

When Haris entered the washroom, he realised the lock wasn't working, closing the door without locking, he went to basin to clean his jeans.

•••

"Areyrey! Yeh aap kya kar rahi hain?" Haya, who came downstairs for lunch, saw a maid taking a bucket of water to somewhere.