5) ⛅️

Dedicated to @amreennajwa

Thank you so much @chweetcat for making this beautiful cover 😍

<><><>

Haya thought next day would be the worst, Nasreen and Kusum couldn't say anything to her because of her uncles' presence and just because Haroon was there. But now, they have left for the office, what will Nasreen and Kusum do to her? Scaredly, Haya left her room with her books, she thought of skipping breakfast to avoid everyone.

But, before she could cross the foyer, she came across Kusum.

"Kaha ja rahi ho?" Kusum asked as she looked at Haya from head to toe.

(Where are you going?)

"Um... Chachi, College..." Hesitantly, Haya replied, Feeling nervous of her gaze as if it is judging her. Thinking Kusum will forbid her to leave the house.

"Beena Nashte ke? Nashta karlo phir chali jana." Kusum softly holds her hand and dragged her inside. Haya was too astounded to say anything.

(Without breakfast? Have breakfast first.)

Kusum pulled a chair for her and went to sit too.

Still in daze, Haya sat down and looked at Kusum, expecting her to drop her mask of kindness.

"Kya hua? Nashta karo." Surprisingly, Kusum smiled and told her.

(What happened? Eat up.)

Haya quickly picked a toast and buttered it,

"Chachi, ab main jau?" Haya finishes the toast in four bites and asked.

(Can I go now?)

"Tumne toh khaya hi nahi...." Kusum looked at her empty plate and said.

(But you didn't eat anything.)

"Woh.. main late ho rahi thi..." Before Haya could complete her sentence, Nasreen came there.

(I...I'm getting late for my class.)

"Haya!" This made Haya stand up.

"Driver aaj ghar par hi hai, tum uske sath chali jao college. Roz late ho jati ho rikshaw ki wajah se." Nasreen told her.

(Driver will drop you to your college.)

This made Haya's eyes widened as she looked at both her Aunties and nod her head. Leaving the dining room, she again looked at her back, both Nasreen and Kusum had smile on their face. She couldn't understand what's wrong with them, why they are behaving so lovingly? Especially after what happened last night. Shaking her head, Haya left.

Nasreen's face dropped its smile as she turned to Kusum with narrowed eyes, in return, Kusum gave her a sweet smile.

Haya only had one important class that day, after submitting her assignment, she returned to her house. All-day, at home, no one called her for anything neither gave her any chores. Not that Haya always completed the chores which are given to her, but this never stopped them by making her life more miserable. And this made Haya doubtful.

What are they thinking? Are they planning something? But what? Haya asked these questions to herself while laying on her bed, looking at the soft blue ceiling. She turned to her left, putting her hands under her cheek.

Wish you were here, Baba. I wouldn't have to worried about these things. She thought in her heart, her vision was getting blurry due to the tears, which she quickly gulped down.