Chapter 38- HEAVEN

happy reading :) please vote :)

____________________________________________________________________

Fin was shocked when early in the morning Oli came to her house and proposed to drop Pearl at her school. She reached the conclusion that Oli did that just to spend some time with Pearl, although she was feeling skeptical.  

"Relax. He is just dropping her off at school then he's going to a nearby town for some work," River spoke to Fin. Both of them were at the football field and Riverale was coaching the team in Oliandrin's absence.

"I know. But he didn't tell me about it. It was so sudden. I can smell that something is cooking between my daughter and my date," Fin spoke thoughtfully which made River chuckle.

"Chill Fin, chill. You are reacting as if he'll make your daughter bunk her classes," River spoke with a guffaw.

*

"What! Really! Please say you are not kidding me!" Pearl screeched in excitement which made Oli laugh at her adorability as he pulled over his car at a children's play park.

"No, I'm not kidding you. You are not going to school today. But it should be a secret bunk. Don't tell your mumma else she'll break my bones...and I'm sure you won't like Oli's body being boneless," Oli spoke with a bright smile.

"I promise I won't spill a word to my momma," Pearl spoke sincerely.

"So should I consider it as our little secret, "Oli asked in a playful whisper.

"Yes yes!" Pearl nodded frantically and spoke in an over-enthusiastic whisper.

Oli and Pearl were now making their way toward the slides when Pearl spoke suddenly with an authoritative tone, "There is one important rule to hang out with Pearl."

Oli crouched down in front of her and folded his fist under his chin, and asked, "And what's that, Miss Pearl?"

"Ice-cream. Whether it's summers or winters, it's a must," she spoke in a duh tone.

The cold air made Pearl shudder a bit but she didn't care a bit as she was busy savoring her ice cream. Oli was watching her lovingly and spoke, "I'm praying that you don't fall sick after eating this," he pointed at the ice cream.

"Oh, I will not. I'm habitual of eating ice cream every winter," she spoke with a wide grin and flashed her teeth covered with chocolate. Oli shook his head as he chuckled silently and turned his gaze over to some kids playing football in the park.

Both of them sat on the rock bench silently for a few minutes when Pearl spoke up abruptly, her ice cream was finished, "Are you dating my mumma now?"

Oli's mouth fell open, "Where did you learn that word?"

"At school," she replied with a shrug.

"At school?! God, what do they teach at those schools nowadays," Oli spoke more to himself.

"Ohoo..you are so dumbo Oli," Pearl slapped her forehead while saying so. "Some of my classmates were talking about dating thing so then I learned about it."

"Oh. I thought-"

"You didn't answer my question," Peral spoke strictly while folding her small arms across her chest.

"Look at you! You sound just like your mother," Oli spoke as he gaped at her at then chuckled.

"Yes. I do," Pearl spoke rather proudly.

"Well. Yes. I am dating your mother. Are you fine with this new, big change?" Oli asked tentatively.

"I'm happy. She needs you," Pearl spoke with a very tender smile and for a while, Oli felt as if his heart has stopped. This made him realize that Pearl was far more mature for her age. The circumstances pushed her to be mature. She was, no doubt, very different from all the other children of her age.