Chapter 17- PARTY OF MADNESS

HAPPY READING :) PLEASE VOTE :)

Aric clinked the spoon on the wine glass and he instantly got the attention of everybody, around the table. He stood up and spoke, "Beautiful girls, and ugly boys-" 

"What, you suck."  

"Hey man!"

"You too ugly...rat shit."

The boys yelled in defense while Dane and Oli just shook their heads and their shoulders vibrated as they laughed silently. Fin's eyes landed on Oli, who was sitting opposite her, and she couldn't help but check him out, again.

"---it's time for a toast. This gorgeous girl--" Aric looked at Shayla briefly and continued, "--is now about to achieve her ultimate goal. Words aren't enough to express how proud I am of her. She is the best writer I have known. And I'm pretty sure her book is gonna rock! To Shayla."

"TO SHAYLA!" The rest of them spoke in unison and raised their glasses.

Shayla's face was turned scarlet by the time she stood up for a thank you speech.

"Umm...I love you guys," Shayla spoke with a broad smile.

"Wow. That was a very long speech indeed," Bianca spoke teasingly and everyone chuckled.

"I'm not finished. Duh," Shayla spoke while narrowing her eyes at Bianca and trying to conceal her smile.

"Seriously girl, you are a writer...and that's how you opened your speech?" Nattie spoke and swiftly grabbed Gabrien's wrist as he was trying to slide her beer toward himself.

"Exactly. I love you's are reserved for a closing line...not for an opening one," Vibriona spoke.

"Oh, so you are pretty and smart, huh?" Basil spoke from across the table, to her, in a flirtatious tone.

"Yes. And I'm a pro in kicking guys where the sun doesn't shine," Vibriona sassed.

"Wohoo! You go girl," Trivil spoke cheeringly.

"Ya! Break his nuts. I'm dying to see that," Gabrien spoke as he punched in the air gleefully.

Leslie crossed her hands across her chest and with a stern face spoke, "Shut it. Let Coco complete her thank you speech-"

"Oh, she spoke again," Gabrien threw his hands in the air as he rolled his eyes. "The mother of ours-"

"You are a pig, Gab," Leslie spoke wearily.

"Your girlfriend called me a pig, Dane!" Gabrien yelled with wide eyes.

"Honey, what did we talk about earlier? Gab is not a pig, for God's sake. He's the fly who dwells on pig's shit."

As soon as Dane said so with a serious face, the whole table boomed with laughter, including Fin and excluding Oli.

Oli with his lips parted a bit, stared at Fin, who was laughing her heart out. This was the first time he saw her so relaxed and at ease. This was the first time he saw her laugh wholeheartedly. As if Fin sensed his eyes on her, she quickly darted her head in Oli's direction, with her laugh dying away. Oli looked away and so did she.

"YOU MORONS! LET ME COMPLETE MY SPEECH-"

"You are a DEAD MEAT, DANE ABAYDO!" Gabrien bellowed.

A piece of pastry landed straight on Dane's face and Shayla rolled her eyes, half amusingly and half annoyingly.

"HAHAHA! SERVES YOU BEST! I never miss my target, you see," Gabrien spoke proudly, and then there it was...his famous victorious smirk on his lips.

"Told you Mr. Dane...never mess with Gabrien the-"