Chapter 43 Informants

Start from the beginning

‘Yes, please,’ Percy said eagerly.

‘Christie,’ Fudge called to his assistant. ‘Ask Amelia to come up and contact Lord Slytherin to inform him that I have information on Dumbledore’s plans regarding his Heir.’

‘Yes, sir,’ a young man’s voice said quickly.

A few minutes later Amelia Bones entered annoyance clear in her hard face. Percy looked nervously at one of the most powerful woman in the Ministry of Magic who reminded her quite a lot of Professor McGonagall. Percy realised that after everything that had come out about the Headmaster it was likely that she was very busy trying to gather evidence enough to convict one of the most powerful and influential men in Britain.

‘Cornelius, I hope that this is important I have got to conduct the interviews at Hogwarts today,’ Madam Bones said sharply.

‘Of course, Amelia, Mr Weasley, however, has been made aware of Dumbledore’s plans,’ Cornelius explained. ‘We are just awaiting Lord Slytherin.’

Half an hour later Lord Slytherin wearing designer black robes with blood red hems looking like they had been dipped in blood entered the Minister’s office without knocking as if he belonged there. Percy had the first chance to look at Harry’s father who he had been curious about since the news came out. The man who Dumbledore, his parents and the Order believed to be You Know Who.

Percy had already considered this notion faintly ridiculous and now when he was faced with the Lord of the Slytherin House even his faintest suspicions disappeared as though they had Apparated. Oh Percy could have believed the arrogant man and even James Potter were Death Eaters. But Percy could definitely not believe this refined Lord was You Know Who.

Everyone knew what You Know Who looked like. There had been history books with descriptions of the Dark Lord. He was described as a monster with scaled, grey skin and bright snake red eyes. Lord Slytherin on the other hand was a handsome man who was older than Percy’s own father with deep, dark, brooding brown eyes and black hair. Percy's first thought was that Harry must have inherited a lot from his bearer rather than his sire although given the Harry Percy had seen in the atrium yesterday Percy suspected that Harry had been under a glamour for the whole time Percy knew him.

‘Before I say something may I request that you do not sack or prosecute my father for his involvement in all this,’ begged Percy.

‘As long as he is not a threat to my son I shall endeavour to be open-minded about his involvement with Albus Dumbledore,’ Lord Slytherin said. ‘I know from Hadrian exactly how manipulative he is especially to those who only have the best intentions.’