Chapter 2

A Few Weeks Earlier...
••••

Camila was laying on the love seat in her college dorm, trying to go over her Chemistry notes while watching season two of Sex in the City. She was intently looking at the screen, wondering if she could try and rock the outfit Carrie was wearing, when a phone call broke her out of her daze.

"Hello?" She greeted.

"Hey Mila." His voice filtered through the line.

"Hey Shawn, whats up?" She immediately relaxed thinking of him.

"Can I come over?" He asked. They hadn't seen each other for a few weeks. They didn't meet up as much because of his new relationship with a girl in Camila's Chemistry class.

But, she wasn't just the girl who sat three rows behind her. Her name was Hailey, and she seemed to have Shawn completely whipped. He would visit Hailey almost every couple of days, and since her room is about a three minute walk around campus from Camila's, he would always pop in and say hello to his best-friend, which ended up with him and Camila occasionally going to town or just hanging out at her place.

Unfortunately, that hadn't happened recently. They still talked on the phone every single day, but since him and Hailey had been fighting, he simply wasn't bothering to drive all the way to their college.

"Of course you can!" She said, as if it was the most obvious thing ever. Shawn let out a breath, thankful that despite everything, Camila was always there for him.

"Where the hell are you?" She wondered, as she could hear what sounded to be rain -pouring rain at that matter- from his side of the phone.

"Look outside of your window." He said.

Camila was confused for a moment until she stood up, looked out the window, and saw a shivering Shawn standing in the rain outside with his arms wrapped around himself. He looked up to her, standing in her baby pink silk dressing gown that showed off her smooth legs that seemed to go on for days and gave a peep at her boobs, but still left a little to the imagination. God, how he missed her.

"Oh my god Shawn!" She giggled. You look freezing, get up here now! I'll order us some takeout." She hung up, immediately calling their favorite 24 hour Italian takeout place and ordering their usual.

It was a few moments later that she heard a knock on the door, reveling a shivering and soaked tall brunette boy.

"You're soo lucky that you leave your clothes here all the time." She laughed, going into her room and getting one of his hoodies and a pair of sweats from her closet so he had a clean outfit.

He quickly got changed and joined her on the couch, Camila sprawling her legs on his lap like she usually does.

"So, are you going to tell me what you are doing here on a Thursday night at 12:00?" She asked.

"Well, I was at Hail's dorm...long story short, we got into a little fight." He said, laying one hand on her leg and the other behind his head.

"How little?" Camila cringed.

"Well...I think we may have broken up..." He sighed.

The tiny girl looked at his sad face and didn't hesitate to wrap her small arms around him, enveloping him into a warm hug.

He was taken back for a moment, but immediately hugged back. Before he met her when he was 17, he didn't really have anyone looking out for him. He's jumped from foster home to foster home since he was only four years old.