Chapter 24: They're Phantoms Like You

Alex and Reggie were looking at Luke's wrist, "And it just disappeared?" Reggie asked.

"Yeah when I said I loved him."

"Awww you said you loved him?" Julie and Alex said at the same time.

Alex looked at me, "The guy could see him?"

"Yeah bro! It was weird," Luke was still wrapping his head around what happened.

Suddenly, I had an idea. "Alex, Reggie. Come here and give me a hug."

They both walked over and put their arms around me. "I love you guys."

Nothing happened. Alex was still hugging me, but Reg lightly let go. "We love you too."

Alex and Reggie went over to the couch and sat. Luke was next to me and Julie was at the piano. Reggie and Alex got a jolt. Luke, Julie, and I were at there sides. They groaned.

"They're getting worse," Reggie breathed.

"We don't have a lot of time," Alex said with his eyes closed.

"Ah yes, the boy is right." We all turned and Caleb was sitting on the piano. I felt a hand go around my waist. Luke had a protective hold on me.

"Leave us alone!" I don't want him to hurt my best friends.

"Such hostility my sweet daughter. But hey, I get it. I wouldn't want to see me either. Regardless I'm here for you, not them."

"She isn't going with you," Luke grumbled.

"We aren't going anywhere. I just need to speak to my daughter alone."

Luke was about to say something, but I replied, "Okay."

"Excellent," he gracefully got down from the piano and took my wrist. He led me outside to the other side of the driveway.

"I know what you're trying to do Y/N! You're trying to remove my stamp from your boyband's wrist. Well it isn't going to-" he saw the ring on my finger.

"Ah. I see that you've removed one stamp. Good job," he tried to use his power, but I put my hand with the ring up to block me. My hand started to glow a light blue, then my ring absorbed the power Caleb had thrown. "That's impossible..."

"I think anything's possible with the power of true-love," I smiled. "I suggest you get out of here before I use this power you've just given me."

Caleb straightened up, "Very well." He disappeared.

I stood there, catching my breath for a second, when everyone comes running out of the garage. Luke was the first one to get to me, he cupped my face in his hands, "Are you okay? He didn't hurt you did he?"

"Luke, I know you guys were listening," I crossed my arms and looked up at him.

He rubbed the back of his neck, "We- well yeah, we were"

Julie gave me a hug, "We saw what happened, what was that?"

"The ring absorbed the power he tried to use on me. True-love really does defeat pure evil."

The guys smiled. Julie looked at me. Then she looked at Alex and Reggie, "We have to play the Orpheum."

"But we're nobody," Luke sighed.

"We're less than nobody," Alex looked down.

"We have no bodies!" Reggie said and Luke snapped.

I look at Luke, "Someone told me you don't ask for permission. You book gigs by doing."