Chapter 23: He Could See You!

We were all sitting in Rose's studio. "So you either crossover, join Caleb's club, disappear because of the jolts, or Y/N has to go to him for help?"

Luke pulled me closer to him, "The last one isn't an option."

"Yes it is," I rolled my eyes. I didn't care if I had to die to save them, hopefully I'd come back as a ghost.

Julie had a single tear racing down her cheek. She walked out of the studio. I got up and ran after her, "Look Jules. I know how much loss you've had in you life, but we probably going to lose them, no matter what."

"I know but they just mean so much to me. And you," she came forward and wrapped her arms around my neck. I put my arms around the small of her back and hugged her tightly.

"Tomorrow I'm going to find Willie. He said he had some books that could help us. And if they don't I'll ask my mom. I don't want to lose them either Jules, but we may not have a choice."

"Yeah, I know," she sniffled. "I'm going to go to bed. I want to deal with this later."

"Goodnight Julie."

"Goodnight Y/N."

I didn't even realize I was crying until I walked into the studio and Luke was at my side as soon as he saw me. He wiped the tears away and kissed my forehead. "You aren't going to lose us, even when we crossover, we'll be watching you and Julie."

The light tears turned into sobs, "I- I just don't want to lose what I have with all of you." I put my hand on his cheek and he leaned into my touch, I looked at Reggie and Alex, "I don't want to lose any of you."

Alex got up from the floor and started walking towards me. "You're not going to lose us. You're smart, and so is Willie. We'll figure this out."

He was wrong. I spent days trying to figure out something to save them. Nothing. My mom had no clue. Willie only told me things I could do to save Luke. I love Luke, but I also love Alex and Reggie. I don't want them to be destroyed by the jolts and Luke be fine. That isn't fair.

I tried everything I could with the guys too. Like focusing my energy on their wrists and what it would look like for the stamps to be removed. Nothing seemed to work. I was sitting in my room, crying out of frustration, when I heard the noise I've finally gotten used to. I look up and Willie is sitting on the end of my bed.

"What are you doing here?"

"No time for you to talk. I can't be away for very long," I nod, "I overheard Caleb talking to someone, one of his business partners. He's planning on using you to get the guys. I don't want that to happen, for you or Alex. So if you guys can play the Orpheum, they can crossover. You need to hurry though, you only have a week." With that he was gone.

I was just sitting on my bed in shock. I couldn't remember how to move. I heard that familiar noise again. It was Luke. "Hey, so I was thinking-" he saw me. "What happened?"

"Willie came by..."

"Well, what did he say?"

"Caleb is planning on using me to get to you guys and you only have a week left."

Luke looked at me, "Well I'm glad I planned this tonight then."

"Planned what?"

He took my hand and we weren't in my room anymore. We were at the beach. There was a picnic table with candles on it and food on one side.  

"Aww Luke!"

"Come on!" My hand was still in his, so he towed me to the table.

I sat down on the side with food and he sat on the other. There was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I looked at it and made a face.

"Do you not like it?"

I put my hands on his, "No I love it. A PB & J is what I made when we sang together for the first time."

"And that was about a month ago... time does fly by. This time has been the best weeks of my li- well, after life."

I giggled. I'm going to miss him. I took a bite of my sandwich. After I ate half I was done. Luke realized that I was and he stood up. He took my hand.

"I want to ask you something," he got down on both knees. "This isn't a proposal. It's a promise," He pulled out a small ring box from his pocket. "I want you to promise me that you will love me as long as I exist."

"Yes Luke, I promise. I love you so much," I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Right After I said that I loved him, his stamp removed itself from his wrist and disappeared.

He looked at his wrist for a second, then he realized what he was doing. He opened the box and there were two rings. They had ghost shapes on them.

He put the smaller ring on my finger and took the bigger one for him

He put the smaller ring on my finger and took the bigger one for him. Once both of them were on, they glowed a subtle blue. Then it went away. Luke was looking at his wrist, so we weren't touching anymore. An older man, probably about my mom's age came up to us.

"You two make an excellent couple. Congratulations," he was looking right at Luke.

After he walked away I looked at Luke, "He could see you!"

"I- I think it had something to do with the rings. We have to go tell the guys and Julie."

I nod and he takes my hand, poofing us to the garage.