Chapter 9: Your Nose Is Bleeding

The day drags on and on. Julie and I talk in our few classes together. Nick and I laugh together in the hallway. I see Flynn a couple times, all she does is smiles and waves at me. I feel bad that Jules lied to her. I know that Flynn would think that we were crazy, but that's not something worth losing a best friend over.

When the day is finally over I walk to my locker with Julie, since her locker is three away from mine. "Listen Jules. I'd love to come over for the project, but I think I should spend some time in my own home," I look at her and giggle. I haven't been home in a couple days.

"Okay so I was thinking," Julie starts with a smile, "I can go home and talk to my dad, then I could maybe go over to your place? I know that you're probably tired of me, but with this Flynn thing I need some girl time."

"No, no. I'm not tired of you, but I am super happy we are friends again," I say putting my arm over her shoulder walking towards the door, "do you want to invite Alex?" she giggles and nods.

Later:
"You know Julie," Alex begins, sitting crisscross on my bed, "I don't understand how you haven't seen Beetlejuice!"

"I agree with Alex on this one, it's a Halloween classic!" I have the remote in my hand trying to remember what streaming platform it's on.

"I mean come on! It's got Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder, Alec Baldwin, and Katherine O'hara!" Alex looks at her enthusiastically.

Julie's face lights up, "Oh my gosh! The mom from Schitt's Creek?"

"Hey! Watch your language!" Alex looks at Julie, then me.

I giggle, "No Alex. S-C-H-I-T-T. It's a show!"

"Oh-" Alex starts, but then gets cutoff by Julie.

"We have to watch that after!" she's so eager, but she's forgetting about our project.

The project isn't the only thing she's forgetting. I don't really care about that. We can rush it the night before for all I care. She's forgetting about Flynn.

Alex waves his hand in front of me, "Hello? Earth to Y/N!"

I instantly snap out of it. I look at the TV playing Beetlejuice.

"Sorry," I say blushing.

"Daydreaming about our favorite guitarist were we?" Alex tries to nudge my shoulder, but his arm goes through it.

"Of course she is," Julie rolls her eyes.

I pause the movie, "Alex I want to try something," I say turning my body to face his.

"Um okay, what?" Alex asks.

"So I had this," nightmare, "dream. And I think I've figured out how I can touch you guys. Just hug me okay?"

Alex had a confused look on his face but he nods and Julie watches. I close my eyes envisioning Alex hugging me. I open my eyes and he passes right through. "I wasn't focused enough hold on," I close my eyes once again. I focus just on Alex. Nothing else. Then I focus on how we are sitting. I open my eyes and he leans in. I feel his arms wrap around me, like this was a hug I needed from a brother, I didn't know I had. I was still focusing on Alex and the hug when I remembered Julie. I pull away.

"How did you do that?" Julie's jaw had dropped.

"It's a really long story, for a time when all of the guys can hear it," I look back at Alex.

"Y/N," Alex says, "your nose is bleeding."

I carefully touch my finger to my nose. Sure enough, the tip of my finger is covered in blood. I stand up and go out of my room, around the corner to the bathroom. I lean over the sink and start to look for a rag. I wet it and dab my nostril. Julie comes over to the door and rests against the door frame, Alex towering behind her.

"Hey Eleven," Julie says with a smirk, "I packed a bag for the night, but I forgot it at my place. You coming with?"

"Yeah give me a sec," I take the cloth off of my nose and put my finger up to gingerly touch the tip of my nostril. No blood, "Let's go!" I grab my phone, put it in my back pocket and start heading towards the front door.

"Where are you guys going?" I hear my mom call from the kitchen, I walk in with Julie on my heels and Alex not far behind her. My mom looks at me, then Julie, then Alex. "Hey Julie, haven't seen you in a while!" she puts her utensils down and walks over to hug Julie, she then goes over to Alex, "Hi, we haven't met. I'm Y/N's mom, Loraine," she sticks her hand out in front of Alex. Alex looks at Julie and I.

"Uh hi..." Alex says, placing his hand into hers. "My name's Alex, I'm surprised you can see me, let alone touch me."

My mom looks at me, taking her hand out of Alex's, "Since when did you make a new friend?"

She walked back over to where she was cooking, "I met him and his bandmates my first night at Julie's."

She looks at me, "No wonder you didn't want to be home! If cute guys were at one of my friend's houses I wouldn't want to come home either. Well, I would love to meet those bandmates of yours Alex!" She turns her head slightly towards Alex and Julie.

"Uh, yeah-" Alex starts, but Julie cuts him off.

"We are actually going over to my house right now to grab my overnight bag!" Julie says with a smile. "We might be a little while though, because the guys want to talk to us about something."

My mom presses her lips into a fine line, "Well okay, don't be too long though! Dinner will be ready in about an hour."

I walk over tom my mom and giver her a peck on the cheek, "Thanks mom," I say before walking out of our front door with Julie and Alex.