Chapter 10: We Want To Invite You Guys To Join Sunset Curve

Julie, Alex and I start walking up her driveway, when he hear a faint bass and guitar. Julie storms ahead of us and walks into the garage. Alex poofs away and I jog to catch up with Julie.

"Guys, you aren't supposed to be out here playing alone." Julie sighs.

Reggie looks offended, "But we aren't alone!" Luke wraps his free arm around Reggie's shoulder, "Because we always have each other!"

I giggle. Julie walks over to unplug Reggie's amp.

Luke fumbles and takes off his guitar, putting it on the stand, "But we had the volume level on one!"

"But we rocked it on ten!" Reggie says smiling, thinking that he helped. "Do you want us to play it again?"

Julie unplugs Luke's amp, "Reg, I really don't think she does."

"We've actually been waiting for you guys to get home. We had a band meeting earlier and," Luke and Reggie start drum-rolling on their knees, "we want to invite you guys to join Sunset Curve!" Luke puts his hand out towards me, "And no! You're not dreaming!"

Julie and I look at each other, we share a unison "Oh."

"Oh? Uh oh, they said 'Oh.'" Luke softly chuckles. "'Oh' is what you say when you get socks on your birthday, not when you're invited to join the most epic band ever!"

"Sorry I'm honored," Julie says. She can't seem to finish that thought, so I jump in.

"We really are, but we can't think about anything besides Flynn right now. She's still mad at us for lying. She hasn't even texted us back!"

Luke looks at us, obviously not knowing what a text is, "Yeah... you're in a tough spot. So do either of you want to join the band?"

Julie scoffs, "Read the room dude." she turns to leave but Luke raises his voice ever so slightly.

"Oh come on!  We need you guys and you need us, because you need music!" I turn to look at Luke, he was taking a piece of paper out of his pocket and unfolding it. "Reg and I found this poem that you guys wrote, and we added a killer melody."

Julie turns around with wide eyes, "Where did you find that?"

Luke looks down at the paper and moves Reggie in front of him, "Definitely not your dream box..."

"You went through my stuff?" Julie squealed as she starts chasing Luke around the piano.

Reggie looks at them, then me smiling, "Yeah we can do that now!"

Julie was still squealing, "No you can't! Boundaries! Give it back!"

Luke jumps on top of the piano, "No! You guys need to know how insanely talented you are! If somebody hurts you-" Julie tries to snatch the paper from Luke, "If somebody hurts you, then I'm gonna get hurt too." He starts singing: "And my life, my life would be real low, zero Flying Solo oh"

"Oh oH!"  Reggie adds, holding up a finger.

"We wrote that about how much we missed each other. Flynn and Y/N. When My mom died, I wrote that because I missed the friendship we used to have." Julie faces the the door, "I gotta go," she starts walking towards the door and I walk with her.

Luke calls after us, "Hey! What about the band?"

Julie chuckles sarcastically, "Oh I almost forgot!," she smiles, "STAY OUT OF MY ROOM!" she slams the door right behind me and Luke comes over to stick his head out of the door.

"Yeah? We will if you join our band!" he calls after us.

Julie and I walk up the path towards the house and we see Flynn, looking suspicious, with a backpack slung over her shoulder.

"Flynn!" Julie calls out startling her. "What are you doing here? We've been looking for you everywhere!"

"Not everywhere, because here I am." She sighed. Flynn didn't like unfriending us, but she felt like the trust we once had was gone.

"We've been texting you all day," Julie says with her arms walking towards Flynn. "The least you could have done is text us back!"

"I sent a poop emoji. I think it said everything," Flynn sighs and digs in her backpack getting one of the Triple Trio t-shirts. She tried handing it to Jules, "I won't be needing this anymore."

"We won't take it, Flynn," I say sternly, Julie nodding along with me.

Flynn rolled her eyes, "Fine. Then my dad can wash his car with it. Even though with this amount of betrayal, it may scratch his paint."

Julie sighs, "Look, we are really sorry for not telling you."

I join in, "We need you to know how important you are to us."

Julie takes it away, "There is absolutely no way I would have made it through this year without you guys."

"Yet it was three strangers, that got you back into music," she gestured at Julie, then me, "and got you to sing again. I don't need people in my life that are going to keep things from me," she starts walking away, "Goodbye girls."

I stand in front of her and Julie grabs her shoulders, "They're ghosts."

"What?" was all that came out of a very confused Flynn.

"The boys in our band. They aren't holograms. They're ghosts," I reply to Flynn.

"And when we play together, people can see them," Julie jumps in.

"What do you mean 'ghosts'? Like the kind that rattle chains and go 'boo'?" Flynn rolls her eyes.

"No," Julie says offended.

"I'm pretty sure that's just a hurtful ghost stereotype," I look at Flynn.

"These guys are just three normal dead dudes-" Julie starts.

I nudge her "Well Reggie's a little questionable."

Flynn pulls out her phone and starts typing.

"Who are you texting?" Julie asks, obviously annoyed.

"It's a group chat. With your dad," she points at Julie, "and your mom," she points at me. "They told me to text them if I needed anything or if I was worried about you guys. And girls... I'm worried! You're seeing things-"

Julie snatches Flynn's phone. "So you wanna be difficult? Meet us in my mom's studio in 30 minutes and we will prove to you we aren't crazy."

"You guys have 30 minutes!" Flynn says.

I look down at her backpack that was on the ground. "Eggs? Why did you bring eggs?"

Flynn picks up her bag flustered, meeting a crossed-arms Julie and a judgmental face on my part. "See I grabbed those by mistake... it's not like I was going to throw them at both of your guys' bedroom windows or anything..." Julie rolls her eyes and heads off towards the garage, I follow, Flynn calls after us, "30 minutes!"