Chapter 12: I'm Like Danny Phantom

I look around, "Uh, come in!"

The doorknob slowly turns. The door opens and it's my mom. She's holding three empty popcorn bowls in one hand and two party size bags of popcorn in the other. "Hey girls! I just wanted to bring you guys some popcorn!" She sees Alex, "Oh hello Alex! Sorry, you can't really have any..."

Alex snaps out of the silence, "Hey! Yeah it's okay. I've gotten pretty much used to it now."

"Hey mom. Can I talk to you downstairs?" she nods and I turn around, about to close my door, "I'll bring back some sodas." The girls give me a thumbs up.

We walk into the kitchen and she leans on the counter with a large grin, "So. What's up?"

"Well I wanted to talk to you about my dad..." her mood instantly changed.

"Uh what about your father?"

"Last night I had a dream about him. He told me that we could see all ghosts, but I was more powerful. He said that after practicing, you could touch ghosts. He also mentioned Will. He continuously asked where the band was. I'm scared, mom," she pulls me into a hug and pets my hair.

"Shhhhh it's okay. You're going to be fine," she pulled back and had her hands on my shoulders. She just looked at me. "I met your father when I was about your age. I was at a club with one of my richer friends. That's when I saw him. He has serious skills. The night I went he played his favorite movie, Titanic," she looked down smiling. "He was very classy and respectful towards us, since we were women I guess. Or he sensed my gift. He invited me back into his office and he told me all about my gift. I was able to touch him, but-"

"You got a nose bleed," I put my finger up to my nose, remembering what happened earlier.

She chuckled, "Yes. I did. He took me out of the club and walked me home, my friend had already left. You see honey, your father did die before you were born, but it was long before. He died in 1930. Sweetie your dad is a ghost," she looked at me and made sure that I wasn't going to faint.

"So what does that mean? I'm part ghost or something?" I chuckle. "I'm like Danny Phantom!"

My mom looked down, "Yeah, you're a phantom. Phantoms are so incredibly rare. There's one about every 500 years."

"Wait what? I- I was joking."

She smiled at me, "I wasn't..."

"I don't understand how that's possible! If he's a ghost, then how come you got pregnant?"

"It only happens with people that have the gifts."

"Okay," I take a deep breath. "I need to tell my friends."

My mom gives me one more hug. I walk over to the fridge and grab three sodas. I walk up our stairs processing what we just talked about. I open my door and the movie was playing again. Flynn and Alex were sitting on my bed. Julie was back at my desk working. Flynn paused the movie when she saw me.

"You okay Y/N? You look like you've seen a ghost," Flynn says.

"Haha very funny," Alex replies.

"Hey Jules, the project can wait. Alex, go get the guys and meet me downstairs in my basement in 5 minutes," I look at Alex.

"Yeah. Okay..." Alex poofs away.

"Y/N what's going on?" Julie stands up from my desk and starts walking towards me.

"Come on ladies. Let's go downstairs. I will explain everything when the boys are around."

The girls and I walk down the main stairs and around to go to the basement. We get downstairs and I turn the light on. I look around. I haven't been down here in so long. I glance at the large, white, grand piano towards the corner.

"Jeez. I haven't been down here since our last slumber party with Carrie," Julie says wrapping her hands around her arms.

"I forgot that demon was with us that night," Flynn rolls her eyes.

"No Flynn. That was before she was a demon," I giggle.

Flynn held a finger up, "Once a demon, always a demon!"

The girls share a giggle with me. They all go over to the long leather couch and sit. I turn to pick up the piano bench and sit it in front of the coffee table. I nearly drop it when I see the guys sitting there.

"Y/N?" Luke meets my gaze with worried eyes, "Are you okay? Alex told us to get here as fast as we could so I- I mean, we came here fast."

Alex rolled his eyes, while Julie and Reggie snickered.

I explained everything to the guys, from my dream last night, from touching Alex, to what my mom had said. I didn't mention Willie or my father's name.

"Okay so I don't know who Danny Phantom is, but you're saying you're part ghost?" Luke said.

"Uh yeah I guess so," I put my face in my hands.

"Oh um okay," Luke notices my stress.

Julie and Flynn walk over to me and give me a tight hug. I'm warm in their embrace.

Luke looks at Alex with, I wish I could do that eyes.

"I know what'll cheer you up!" Reggie stands up. "I'll be back in a sec!" He poofs away and comes back with a DVD in his hand. "Every time I was sad, back when we were alive. I would watch this movie!"

I take the movie from him and look at the cover, it's Empire Strikes Back. "Thanks Reg," I focus just on Reggie and pull him into a hug. He's surprised at first, but then he melts into it.

"Oh my gosh!" Flynn stands up and looks at me and Reggie. "I can see him!"

I pull away, but I'm still touching his shoulder, "You can?"

"Yeah! Wait a sec. Take your hand off his shoulder." I did what I was told and she smiles, "Yeah that's what I thought. When you touched him, it made him visible, but when you stopped, I couldn't see him anymore."

I looked at the guys. This changes everything.