Chapter 5: The Nightmare

I was back in my familiar room. I smiled when I heard a whoosh noise. I turned around and my smile immediately faded. It was the same man from the night before. Tonight he was wearing a different outfit, but his facial structure still looked like mine. He was wearing a 1920's tux with a long, purple, velvet, magician's jacket over it. He also had an evil grin on his face.

"Why hello daughter," he says, the smile growing bigger.

"I... I... um," was all I could manage to get out.

"Oh I know this must be hard for you," he says with a pouty face, "but Doll, you need to do me a favor and tell me where you and your ghost band are."

I just look at him, I know there's a surprised look on my face.

"Oh Doll, it's okay," he says, that evil grin returning, "we have all night." He grabs my wrist like I had wished Luke was able to and I felt sick to my stomach. My surroundings change in a flash.

I'm in a club. It's empty. I look at the wall and there's a gold and black emblem. "It stands for the Hollywood Ghost Club, Doll," the man says, looking at his finger nails.

A couple minutes pass by with no words said.

"Oh how rude of me!" the strange man, says, "Where are my manners? My name is Caleb Covington!" He holds his arms out in a grand t pose style. "My dear, I'm your father."

My jaw dropped. I never knew my father. He had died before I was born, at least that was what my mother had told me. This man couldn't be my father. He looks and sounds like he walked right out of the 1920s.

"There's no way you are my dad!" I yell at him. Probably not the best idea, but I did it anyways.

"What do you mean Doll?" He looks at me confused.

"There is no way that you are my father! You look like you just waltzed out of the 1920s! And stop calling me 'Doll'," I'm still yelling at him.

"Ah my dear. Your mother had a gift. Much like you do, but yours is stronger," he says with a sigh, "Of course, I need to explain to you what gift you and her actually have. Your mother is like no human I have ever met, well until I came into your dreams yesterday. She could not only see ghosts, but she could touch them also. You my child," he says putting his hand on the side of my face, "can only see and speak to ghosts as of right now. That imaginary friend you had when you were little, wasn't imaginary. That was one of my employees, Willie. He was sent to make sure you and your mother were safe."

I looked up at the man claiming to be my father. This was so much to take in, "Safe from what?"

He seemed to ignore my question, "My employee, Willie that I mentioned. He had just died and wasn't quite ready to work the club scene yet. You did have an instant connection with Willie, though. He was almost always happy when he came back here from seeing you," Caleb had a grin on his face, he looks at me, seeing how confused and overwhelmed I truly am.

"Oh kid," he says pulling my limp body into a hug. He takes my hands and pulls me over to a table. "Sit," he motions to a chair and I do.

"Now I know that this is a lot, but you need to tell me where you and your little ghost band are," he looks at me with a pleading look.

"C-can I ask you a couple questions first?" I say, barely being able to speak.

"Of course!" Caleb says making that grand t pose again.

"You said I was yet to be able to touch ghosts. How exactly will I be able to do that?"

"Well. You have to focus on that one specific ghost and only that one ghost. You have to envision how you want them to touch you and how you want to touch them. The first time your mother did it, she had a nose bleed," Caleb says looking past you chuckling because of a memory, obviously now distant.

"Okay," I say, "um you said that there was a ghost, Will right? That used to be around me all the time. Where is he now?"

Caleb chuckled, "Will. That's what you used to call him. Yes, he's still around. He is skating the streets of Hollywood as we speak."

"Oh wow... okay. I feel a little lightheaded, give me a sec."

"Dante!" Caleb yells. A waiter appears right next to him, "get my daughter a bottle of water!"

"Yes sir," the waiter says right before disappearing. He comes back and places a bottle of water in front of me on the table. "Here you go," he says with a smile.

"Thank you," I say returning the same smile.

"Alright," Caleb says, getting a little impatient, "you need to tell me where you and your ghost band are!" He was almost yelling at me.

"Why do you want to know where we are so bad?" I ask giving him the same aggression he was giving me. I stand up, trying to be bigger than him. He also stands up. He is around 6 feet tall, so it is no use anymore.

He slams both of his hands on the table, "Where are they!" When he slams his hands it startles me.

"Y/N?" a familiar voice says in shock.

Caleb sighs, "Not now William."

I turn around to be faced with a boy I thought was imaginary. He hasn't changed even a little.

He looks at me, then at Caleb, "Y/N! You gotta get out of here!"

Caleb looks at Will. "Ugh get out of here," he waves his hand and Will disappeared.

I took my chance. I started running. I didn't know where I was going but I was running as fast as I could. I felt the tears streaming down my face as I wake up next to the soft snores of Julie Molina.

My Rockstar | LUKE PATTERSON {1}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara