Chapter 14: I Would Love To Be Your Date To The Dance

Flynn, Julie and I stumble into the Wilson's front path. We jog over to the massive door and we ring the doorbell. I look at my hands, they're slightly bleeding from the barbwire on the gate.

Carrie opens the door, and all three of us say "Heyyy!" at the same time.

"What are you girls doing here? And how did you get over the security gate?" she looked disgusted.

"Team work!" Julie said.

"And lots of it!" Flynn says.

I look down at my hands again, "Do you have a band-aid? The barbed wire's new."

"What do you want?"

"We just wanted to let you know, that the hologram band is playing tonight at the dance!" Flynn is a much better liar than Julie.

"Now you know," Julie chuckles.

"You guys are acting weirder than usual."

"Probably because we're thirsty! Or Y/N's loss of blood," Flynn fake smiles.

"Can we come in? I need a band-aid and they can get some water," I explain.

"If it'll make you leave faster." Carrie turns around and walks over to the kitchen.

I start up the stairs to go get the band-aids under the grand bathroom's sink. I've been in this house plenty of times, I know where those kind of things are. When I walk out of the bathroom I hear a poof noise and I look outside. I walk quickly down the stairs and signal for the girls to stay in the living room.

I see the boys pulling up their pants and I roll my eyes. "Did you guys have fun in there?"

"You would do the exact same thing if someone stole all of your songs!" Luke said looking at my hands.

"It shouldn't matter! You guys have new songs with me and Julie." I cross my arms. "The best way to get back at him is for this band to do great. And to do great we have to play dances, then clubs-"

"Then tours, I know," Luke says walking towards me.

I look at all of them, "I'll see you guys at the school. We go on at nine so please don't be late. There's gonna be a lot of people there."

"We got it okay? Don't worry," Alex looks at me with comforting eyes.

"Okay," I say softly. I hear the poof, so I think the guys are gone.

I hear that soothing voice, "I wanted to ask you something..."

I turn around and Luke is rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah? What's up?"

"Well a couple things actually. The first is what happened to your hands?"

I look down to see a little blood coming through the band-aids. "Uh when we got here we had to climb the security gate and it has barbed wire."

"Oh. You should probably get prober bandages for tonight's show." There was a brief pause, "I guess I'll ask my second question then. I was wondering, only if you wanted to. Would you want to hang out at the dance with me? Like um, as my date?"

I looked up at him. He was a lot closer now. We just looked in each other's eyes. "Awww! Luke Patterson is asking me to the danceeee," he just smiled not breaking the eye contact. "Yes, I would love to be your date to the dance."

"Okay cool. Well that's all I really stayed behind for so. Bye." He sent me a wink and disappeared.

I walked back into Carrie's house and I give the girls a thumbs up.

"Well we really should be going now," Flynn looks at her watch.

"Yes, I agree. We need to get ready!" Julie says standing up.

"Okay! Well bye!" I say jogging towards the door.

Julie goes into her house after we walked Flynn home and I go over to mine. My mom's car isn't parked in the driveway, so I figure she's still at work. I walk into my room and open my closet doors. "Hmm what to wear?" I ask myself. I look around at the clothes scattered on the floor. I look in the back of my closet and I see a casual dress I haven't worn in a long time. I put it on and tie the laces.

 I put it on and tie the laces

"Yep this'll do." I mumble to myself. I pull out my black Vans and slip them on. I walk into my bathroom and put on blue eyeshadow with red eyeliner to match our school's colors. I put no blush on, because I don't need it. I take the band-aids off my hands and the cuts had stopped bleeding. I wash my hands and put different band-aids on just to be safe. I lightly put on some mascara and I'm finished. Then I see my cherry red liquid lipstick and put a light coat on. "Now I'm perfect."

I walk over to Julie's house. I knock and Carlos opens the door. "Hey Y/N!"

"Oh hey Carlos! Where's Jules?"

"In the kitchen!" He looks me up and down one more time before calling in the kitchen, "Julie! Y/N's here!" He turned back to look at me.

"Oh my God! Y/N! You look amazing! I haven't seen you wear a dress since-" she trailed off but I know where she was going with that. I hadn't worn a dress since Rose's birthday. "Okay let's go before my brother gets drool on your dress."

"I wasn't drooling!"

"Sure you weren't hermano," Julie says, ruffling his hair.

I didn't even notice until we got to the school what Jules had in her hand. She had a high tech projector. "Little upgrade?" I ask giggling.

"Yeah," she giggled back.

We walk into the gym and hear the loud music. "Do we have any bobcats in the house?" Flynn says into the mic.

Julie and I start making our way through the crowd of people. "Everyone make some noise!" Flynn paused, "But not too much noise, because there's an anger management meeting down the hall."

Everyone laughs. We walk up the stage steps to go behind the curtains. Flynn spots us and has a huge smile on her face seeing what we're wearing.