CHAPTER FORTY TWO: GLARES

Start from the beginning

His combat boots stepped on the snow, leaving a trail. You hesitated a bit, for your feet was barefooted. You just clenched your teeth and thought, 'screw it.'  You stepped outside.

"I did not learn the basic of combats for nothing, I know how to defend myself!" You said, catching up to him.

He chose to ignore you, continuing to make his way to his horse. "I'll drink potion of invisibility, they won't be able to see me!" You pant a bit, screw tall people for their height.

Ignored, again.

Frustrated, you glared at his back and ran towards him. You then stopped in front of him, blocking his path. He stopped at this.

"Listen to me! " you yelled.

His scarlet eyes bored into yours, making you regret your decisions slightly. But that did not faze you from your position, "let me come with you!" You exclaimed, panting slightly.

He sighed, "No." He repeated.

Irritated, "Why!" It was more like a demand than a question.

His expression darkened, "Why? Don't you know why?" He started.

Your face brightens a bit, at least he's answering your question bit by bit.

He takes a step closer, "The witch might still be roaming around," you took a step back, "Our guards are extremely trained. A simple potion wouldn't work on them," he took another step closer and you instantly took a step back. "Dream had sent a spy to look for you, and we still don't know who the spy is." He continued to step closer and you did the opposite. "If news get to him that you're in the kingdom, things won't get nice." He stopped.

You fell quiet, looking with slight wide eyes at him. "Is that enough reasons for you?" He snapped.

As if you were broken to a daydream, you clenched your teeth. "No! I still want to go!" You exclaimed.

Although it was hard to take in all of the informations he just spat out, you still chose to focus on your current objective. Hearing your respond, he glared at you, clearly irritated.

"Are you not aware of the danger awaiting for you? Or are you simply not educated properly?" He spoke, his voice dropping in a much more intimidation one.

His insults did not faze you, "I am aware of the danger waiting for me, that's why I'll be careful." You spoke in a calm tone.

You feet were hurting from how long you were standing in the snow, he cold was biting your skin but you didn't dare to show any weakness. His expression darkened, "Why do you want to go anyway? We're gonna hold a trial, not a party."

"Because my friend is going to the trial too."

Your respond seems to shock the pinkette, he was quiet for a second before speaking. "friend?" He asked.

You nodded, "Bad's my friend, I do not feel comfortable with him coming to the trial alone."

He thought about this for a second before speaking, "So are you saying you do not feel comfortable with us?" Cautious with his words, he looked down at you.

Your eyes widened, "No! That's not what I mean-" you paused, shifting a bit since your feet were hurting from the cold. "-Bad's a demon, people don't have a good interaction with demons! They will despite him for sure! But he's actually the opposite of a demon!" You continue to explain.

"He is really kind, humble and sweet! He would never hurt a fly, heck- he even languages us whenever we curse!" You smiled at the memory of him language-ing you and skeppy whenever you curse at each other.