Chapter 16 (the end)

Nick's pov:

God damn it, what the fuck was I thinking, I shouldn't have kissed her like that. What a dumbass. Addison is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and if my feelings towards her are the issue here, I am willing to shove them inside and keep her close, I have got to apologize.

I walk through the empty halls with my heart screaming from agony, and my eyes filled with regrets I'd never get to take back, I knock on my beloved's door ready put it all behind us.

Monica answers the knock.

-"Nick, are you alright?" It was obvious I felt ambushed by this world.

I completely ignore her question and ask: "Could you please, for the love of God, convince Addison to speak to me?" 

-" Oh Nick, I don't know how to tell you this."

-" Listen I know I screwed up, but I can fix it, I just need to talk to her." I beg again.

-"Nick she's gone, Addison left hours ago, I'm sorry." she seemed broken.

-" What where, I'll catch up to her." I'm determent.

-" I doubt that, she's on a flight, to Italy, her parents just told her they were all moving there." her tone deepened .

My soul had left my body and my eyes were confused, my heart was in pain but my cerebrum was angry.

 Angry at her for leaving me. 

-"Wha- what?" I was out of words at that point.

-" I'm sorry." she kept apologizing.

I was getting ready to walk away until Monica had stopped me.

-" Wait, I wasn't sure I was going to see you, so I was planning on giving this to Jackson so he could pass it down, but, since your here. Addison wanted to make sure I gave you this. Something about everything she tried to say but couldn't." Monica explained.

She was leaving me with a letter? It was better than nothing but it still hurt.

Monica eventually handed it to me and closed the door. And as I sit between the two doors where it all happened I begin reading.

Addison's letter to Nick:

Dear Nicholas,

I'm sorry.

Someone must have told you by now. Yes I am in fact moving to Italy. I had just found out before we kissed, and the thought of never seeing you again was shattering me. 

So I went down to see you and pour everything out, see I was willing to risk it all.

Turns out, my parents only forced me to come so I could have my last hurrah. And my God, it was perfect, you are perfect, the kiss was beyond perfect, and that is why I had to leave with words unsaid because anything I would have said in that moment would have ruined the best thing that has ever happened to me.

It's you.

You changed me and never failed to make me smile or feel safe. You made me feel welcome whenever I needed a shoulder to cry on or someone to just have fun with. 

If I never see you again, I need you to know this...

Nicholas Black, you are a wonderful human being and you are in fact too pure for this world and in the few seconds I got to call you mine, I felt like the luckiest girl on this earth. Because your parents, your past, they don't define you.

Now I still don't know what we are, but if this universe brings us back together somehow, and how I wish it will I'll hold you without ever letting go.

Because Nicholas, at first you were just a guy I would randomly wave to once or twice a week at school but, in this moment and until I see you again, I am deeply in love with you.

Addi.

Tears fill my eyes and spread through my cheeks finally getting to the piece of paper, I too am in love with her.

Addison Young is not a random girl I got to know and could learn to forget, she is a forever to me engraved in my brain. I could not read that letter and just move on, I'm booking the next flight to Italy.

The universe will not decide our fate, we will...