Chapter 3

That same day:

I sat in my room finishing up the episode. When it was over I realized I had nothing planned for the rest of the day and the night was right around the corner. Monica was probably hanging out with Jackson, she would know what to do, and yes I was that bored.

I walk right across the hall, because that's where Monica told me her boyfriend was staying, and I knock on the door. No response, I knock again, still nothing. I could hear noises coming from the inside, so I knocked one last time, this time very aggressively.

The door opened,

-" What!?" a mans voice I had heard before yelled out.

I tilt my head up, oh god, it was him again, messy brown hair, sparkling brown eyes, Nick, i stood there silent for a while 

-" Oh um, sorry wrong room." I reply in a low tone, I had no idea what was up with me, I had suddenly lost all my confidence. I turned around getting ready to walk away...

-" Oh it's you again?" he continues, I turn around.

-" Yeah, sorry to bother you again." 

-" You're looking for Jackson right?." he asks, taking his headphones off.

-" I-, I am, wait no I'm not, but I am." what the hell was wrong with me, i was blabbering like a child! I finally got my words straight: "I'm looking for his girlfriend, my friend, M- Monica."

-" You just missed them, they went to grab some dinner at the restaurant on the roof." he informed.

-" Oh well, thanks." 

-" If you want, i ordered some food, you can come in if you want." he offered.

I wanted to say yes, I was bored and even if I didn't really know him, I was really hungry. But what came out of my mouth turned out to be completely different:" Oh no, thanks for asking though, I'm hung up on this book I'm finishing and I just ate."

-" Oh, that's too bad, maybe next time." he added, then I started walking away, he shut the door.

I threw myself on the bed, staring at the ceiling, what was that? Why was I such a wreck? Ugh, i didn't want to overthink it any longer, so I grabbed the remote and started flipping channels waiting for Monica to get back. 

I was now asleep on my bed, the door scratched and opened, I didn't quite pay attention to it.

-" Wake up sleepy head, it's time to have some fun." Monica said shaking my shoulder.

-" Mon, it's 1 am go to sleep." I replied making it very clear that I was exhausted.

-" Get your ass off that bed, wear a cute dress, oh and brush your teeth cause that breath just ain't it." and she pushed me off the bed.

-" Fine, fine, I'm up I swear." I yelled putting both my hands in the air.

While I was getting dressed, I peaked through the bathroom door.

-" Hey Mon, where are we even going?" I asked, clearly not in the mood for anything.

-" Relax Addison, I know you good enough not to take you to a party, we're just going to go play Pictionary with Jackson and his roommate." 

-" Jackson and his what?" I had totally embaressed myself both times I talked to the guy, this is going to be horrible.

-" ROOMMATE, ADDISON, HIS ROOMMATE!" she replied as if I couldn't hear her the first time.

Monica walked in front of me and knocked, Jackson opened the door and she jumped him, he took her in his arms and hugged her. As much as their relationship was casual and cliché, I have to admit that they were perfect, and Monica was the happiest around him, he treated her like the queen she was. 

We went  into the living room, Nick was laying on the couch with both  feet in the air, when we locked eyes, he immediately sat up.

-"Hey Nick, this is my best friend Addison, and Addison this is Nick." Monica introduced us.

-" Oh i know who she is, hi Addison." he held out his hand which I shook.

-" Hi Nick." I replied with an embaressed smile.

-" Something you haven't told me Addison?" Monica whispered in my ear.

-" We'll talk later..." I whispered back.

We sat down on the couche and Nick sat weirdly close to me.

-" So how was your book?" he whispered.

-" What book?" I had totally forgotten about the lie I used.

-" The one you told me you were so hung up on." he looked a little confused.

-" Ohh, that book, yeah I finished it before going to sleep, best book I've ever read honestly." I hated lying, but what would you do if you were me? 

-" I don't read much, but maybe I'll steal it off your shelf one day." he sounded confident.

-" You can try." I replied before we both cracked up laughing.

Jackson and Monica explained that they were going to pair up for Pictionary, so that left me and Nick.

We played for hours, me and Nick were totally crushing them, they were so easy to beat.

-" You guys can read each others minds as if you've known the other since forever." Jackson pointed out.

-" We're just that good." Nick replied, wrapping his hand on my shoulder pulling me in and then letting go.

Whoever wrote on the papers made this game way too easy, it was my turn i got up and pulled a paper out of the jar, I got " Titanic." So I immediately stood tall on the edge of the couch and imitated the famous Jack and Rose scene.

-" uh, bird?" I shook my head no.  "cloud?" Nick started guessing.

-" How is this cloud?" I yelled at him.

-" I don't know, I'm trying!" he yelled out. " OH, OH " Titanic."!" 

-" Yes, yes!" I got too excited while clapping for him, while he was curtsying, me still standing on the edge of the couch, I lost my balance once again and fell down.

Nick ran to my direction, he was laughing at me.

-" This is really not even funny." I stared him down.

-" You really have a problem with your balance, you should see a doctor or something." he said in sarcastic tone, still laughing in my face, he picked me up.

-" You think you're so funny huh? That's sad. " I joked back, with a smile...