Chapter 8

I had a great time with George and I didn't want to go back, but my dress was getting very uncomfortable and if I had to knock down the hotel room door and tackle Monica down myself to get inside then that's what I'm going to do.

George walked me to the door and opened it for me.

-" Thanks for everything, I'll see you later." I said sincerely.

-" Uh yeah, yeah, I'll see you later." he replied.

I turned around ready to walk away when he pulls me from my shoulder and turns me around to give me a weird but nice hug.

-" Bye." he said after letting me go.

-" Yeah goodbye."

He waited until I faded away from his sight and then closed his door.

Before knocking on Monica again, though it was going to be awkward I had to give Nick his jacket back.

I knock and wait.

-"Jackson, bro, where were you all-" Nick screamed while getting to the door and cut off his sentence when he opened the door and noticed it was me. " Oh Addison." he smiled.

I finally raise my head and dare meet his gaze, his eyes the perfect shade of cedar brown , clear deep and decided, his features carved into a perfect expression and his jaw carefully set. I stare for a while, I have no idea why.

-" Addison? Addison?" he kept calling me.

When I finally snapped out of it and put words together I responded:" Oh sorry, I'm just really distracted today, I just wanted to give you your jacket back."

-" Oh thanks." I handed it out to him and he took it.

Then there was a silence, I at least thought he was going to explain why he left me laying there but he didn't, he couldn't even look at me, he kept staring at the ceiling probably begging to God I go away.

I take a hint and say goodbye, but as I got to my door:" Addison?" I turn around. " Would you want to grab some food after ski today?" he asked rubbing his eyes, oh God we had ski today I completely forgot, I'm going to be really tired afterwards so it's best if I say no.

-" Yeah sure, I'll meet you at the restaurant on the roof." smooth Addison, really stupid actually.

-" It's okay, you just get ready and I'll pick you up at 5." he insisted and I nodded my head yes.

He kept waiting for Monica to open up for me, but this time Jackson did.

-" Oh hey man." he waves at Nick.

-" Of course, at Monica's I should have known." Nick cracks a laugh.

-" Yeah Addison, you can come in, I just need to grab my shoes, one second." Jackson added.

So I waited for him outside MY room, as he got out and walked straight threw his, Nick waved at me with a smile as he closed the door.

I go in and find Monica flipping through the TV aggressively.

-" Hey Mon, everything alright?" her face was red and you could tell she was furious.

When she heard me speak her face expressions changed.

-" Oh yeah, everything is pitch perfect." her voice was high and squeaky.

-" Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" she was obviously mad about something.